John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
Fear is caused by thinking you must carry tomorrow's burdens with today's strength. God is peace. Ephesians 2:13-14, “But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us.”
- We fear the unknown.
- We fear want and poverty.
- We fear death.
- We fear the future.
- We fear eternity.
- We fear failure.
God doesn't fear anything, which is why God has peace. If God has peace we will make it! And God is peace! So, when the Bible talks about “the peace of God,” the Scripture is literally saying that God is at perfect peace. God offers His perfect peace to us. John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” What a beautiful truth!
In America we love the word “security,” but there is no such thing. There is no such thing as “social security.” The only security that has ever existed is God. The LORD is tranquil. He is relaxed and never stresses over anything. God is not worried about anything. The same peace that God has is freely available to you dear reader, if you want it.
Philippians 4:6-8, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
I love and cherish that promise from God. The same peace which makes God feel serene, at home and calm at all times is freely available to you and me. It is not a different peace, but the exact same peace Jesus has. You don't have to have a nervous breakdown. You don't have to crack up. You don't have to spend $50 an hour to meet with some psychiatrist nut, so you can become as nutty as she is. Oh, that every redeemed saint of God would claim “the peace of God, which passeth all understanding,” which “shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7b).
That being said, some people do have nervous issues and they need extra grace from God to help them cope with their nervous condition, but God's grace is sufficient dear reader. The same peace which God possesses which causes Him not to fret, worry, sulk and panic is available to you. John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
If you're ready to have a nervous breakdown, go home and bake some cookies for your neighbor. Prepare a gift box for a homeless person and then go give it to them in Jesus' name. Take your guitar to a local nursing home to cheer some elderly people up. If you'll spend one hour a day doing something for others, you won't have a nervous breakdown. When I get down and discouraged, I lose myself in my website ministry, working day and night for Jesus Christ to help others find the truth that will set them free (John 8:32-36).
If you sincerely believe that God has a perfect peace, you won't be upset if you think God's okay. Folks, God is still on His throne today! Everything alright in my Father's house, where there's joy, jot, joy. Get your mind off of yourself and you won't commit suicide. Get out of the self life and your life will find new meaning. The greatest things in life are not things! The most miserable people on the planet are well-to-do people who live only for themselves.
I thank God for the precious memories I have for doing something nice to help someone when I was down and discouraged. I am not a wealthy man, but one day I gave $100 bill to a disheveled homeless man in Guam who helped me load my groceries into the back of my car. He immediately put his head down in humility and I knew I had touched his heart. I wouldn't trade that precious memory for anything, and I guarantee you that he will never forget that moment. I did if for Jesus. Proverbs 19:17, “He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.”
Isaiah 9:6, “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.