“While he was yet speaking” (Job 1:17a)
“While he was yet speaking” (Job 1:18a)
The old adage is true: When it rains it pours. The Morton salt company uses that adage. When my father used to drive us home from the Chicago United Mission at 34 S. Desplaines in downtown Chicago (now a parking lot), his rescue mission ministry, I'd see that adage on the large roof of the Morton salt factory as we passed by along the Kennedy expressway. When it rains, it pours! That is so true of life as well. When bad things happen, they pile up!
Job was living for the Lord. One day God bragged to Satan about Job, opening a can of worms. Satan challenged God, alleging that Job only served God because everything was going good in Job's life on earth. So the Lord wagered Job, making a bet that Satan couldn't shake his faith. God permitted Lucifer to ruin Job's life utterly. Job's crops were destroyed. And while one servant was bringing bad news, “While he was yet speaking,” another servant brought more bad horrific news. That is the way life often is, just one negative thing after another, ruining our day.
The Devil murdered Job's servants, burned his fields, stole his livestock, murdered his ten children, took away his good health, and then Mrs. Job sinfully suggested that Job just get it over with by cursing God and dying. Essentially she told Job to eat worms and die! We must try to be empathetic by placing ourselves in her shoes. Mrs. Job had just lost ten of her precious children that she went through the jaws of death to bring into the world. Her oldest children must have already been teenagers. A strong wind (likely a tornado) took the lives of all her children in one moment. Can you imagine?
I remember many years ago in a Chicago suburb that a female bus driver was blocking the train tracks with her bus. The gates were lowered onto the bus and the warnings lights and bells were sounding. The traffic light was red and there was a car in front of her. So she just sat there in indecision, like a fool, while a speeding commuter train plowed through the bus at 70 mph, ripping and spinning the bus off its frame and instantly killing seven teenagers on board.
The tragic aftermath was gruesome for rescue workers who had to extricate the mutilated lifeless bodies from the wreckage. If I had been that driver, without hesitation I would have nailed the gas pedal and pushed that car in front of me into the intersection, even if it meant killing the driver to save the school children. Forgive my bias dear reader, but that is exactly why women shouldn't be bus drivers, because they are not decisive and aggressive like men are (with few exceptions). I read a stupid comment recently by Jane Fonda where she said there would be no wars if women ruled the world. That is such an arrogant feminist thing to claim, and she is very wrong. Who do you think taught the terrorists? Their mothers!
Life is full of surprises. The adage is also true: Life is what happens while you're making big plans. Proverbs 27:2 warns not to boast about tomorrow, because none of us know what a day might bring. My next door neighbour in 2023 kindly handed me some fruit to taste from his Japanese fig tree growing in his yard. Today he is serving life in prison for a conviction of allegedly sexually assaulting a minor in 2024. He and his wife never saw that coming! I saw that fig tree today, in his backyard now overrun with weeds, and my heart broke for him and his family. Oh how sin thrills and then it kills! Sin fascinates and then it assassinates! This is exactly why my favorite Bible verse is Proverbs 4:23, “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.”
There are no unimportant things. Little things often lead to big things. Dr. Bob Jones Sr. (1883-1968) rightly said, “Behind every tragedy of human character lies a long process of wicked thinking.” That is so very true. This is why I regularly listen to the inspired King James Bible, and I also listen to fundamentalist Bible preaching. Bible preaching helps us think and live right (Titus 1:3). The fools who scoff at hearing God's Word and Bible preaching, choosing instead to watch worldly television, are the ones who often end up in the hog pen of wickedness.
There have been a lot of drug-related celebrity deaths this year. Case in point is the death of Cindy Crawford's son Presley Gerber, age 27, which has been investigated as an overdose after Presley was found dead at a rehab facility in Los Angeles on September 20, 2026. He was rushed to a rehab center after he overdosed on illegal drugs. When I learn tragic stories like this, I am often reminded of something that Jesus said in John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” The ungodly world seeks peace from substance abuse and immoral sex, but the inner peace that Jesus gives transcends this empty world.
It's been said that God the Father only had one Son without sin, but He's never had a son without suffering. Every saint is an adopted son of God (John 1:12; Romans 8:15). Jesus is the only begotten (biological) Son of God. That is why it is blatant false doctrine when ALL of the modern English Bible revisions completely remove the word “begotten” from John 3:16. Jesus is not God's only son, He is the Father's only “begotten” Son, which makes Jesus God also.
John 16:33,“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” In Rocky Balboa (2006), Sylvester Stallone tells his real son (who plays in the movie):
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
When I was younger, I admit that I didn't know how to cope with this mean ungodly world, and I really still don't. People equal pain. I have been deeply hurt by countless religious people, by corrupt pastors and their carnal ungodly supporters. So, I emotionally withdrew into my shell like a box turtle, which many people do. I have never recovered to be honest. I hate this wicked world. I loathe today's lifeless pathetic churches. I loathe the hatred of the New IFB that is akin to deadly cancer. You can count me out! I'd rather just stay home and listen to sermons.
I was listening to Pastor Tom Cucuzza yesterday in a sermon about Eternal Security, who said that he doesn't want to live to be 80 years old; he wants to go home to be with Jesus. Pastor Cucuzza took the very words right out of my mouth. I want to go home, but in God's time. Philippians 1:21, “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” I am living a quite life right now, the way that I like it. I mind my own business and stay busy laboring for Christ on my website and blog ministry. I have no local friends. I've been kicked out of umpteen local churches for telling the truth.
These Are Perilous Times In America
These are the “perilous times” foretold of in 2nd Timothy 3:1-7 when people have become rotten, selfish, dishonest, corrupt, scary and as wicked as can be. In the 1978 movie Superman, Lex Luthor's father was absolutely right, “People are no damn good.” The Bible warns in 2nd Timothy 3:5b that churchgoers will possess “a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.” That “power” is a free grace Gospel according to Romans 1:16.
The “repent of your sins” garbage that is being preached in 95% of Baptist and other bad churches today is a counterfeit plan of salvation which cannot produce the required new birth (John 3:3). Anyone who insists that you must “be willing to turn from your sins” (which toxic lie all Chick Tracts contain) to get to Heaven is denying the saving power of the Gospel. Instead they are wickedly adding human effort to Christ's finished work of redemption. We are saved by resting in what Jesus did through Calvary's cross 2,000 years ago to pay for our sins, and not because we commit to live a better life that has less sin (Hebrews 4:10-11).
Wicked incompetent pastors have perverted God's simple plan of salvation in a futile attempt to force carnal people to live holy lives, but corrupting the Gospel is not how to do that. The Gospel must not be altered or embellished in any way (1st Corinthians 15:1-6). The great need of the hour is preaching preachers! I cannot remember the last time I heard a Baptist pastor preach about Hell, or against sin by name, or contend for the faith. Today's pastors are a sad joke! They do not impress God one bit, I assure you. It is a pastor's duty to preach the truth. Damn the torpedoes!
That is why young people today refuse to attend church anymore, because today's pastors are afraid to preach against feminism, abortion, homosexuality, et cetera. They are afraid to preach the truth that 911 was a blatant Inside Job! They are afraid (or to ignorant) to preach against the fraudulent Federal Reserve scam since 1913.
They are afraid to expose President Donald Trump for the phony that he is, who lied his way into office in 2024. I do not support MAGA! You can keep your stupid bullcrap hat too. Trump hasn't kept his promise to lower inflation. All he has done is blame Joe Biden, claiming that he inherited the problem, so it is beyond his ability to fix it. That is totally unacceptable Mr. President! You made a solemn promise to the American people.
Financially hurting U.S. farmers and ranchers are still very angry at Trump for undermining their profits by imposing tariffs and opening new markets abroad. Charity should start at home. We never should have engaged in this unnecessary war with Iran, nor given hundreds of billions of dollars to Ukraine. It is not the job of Americans to police the world. Tens of millions of Americans need dental care but cannot afford it. Homelessness is getting worse every year.
I Come From The Future: I Bring Bad News!
Rough times are ahead for the American people. The wage gap between the rich and the poor will continue to widen. God only knows the evil that will ensue when the wicked Democrats retake the White House in 2029 or 2033. All the homosexual DEI (diversity, equality and inclusion) junk is coming back! The bottom will fall out spiritually as the wicked retake the government and society. Proverbs 28:28, “When the wicked rise, men hide themselves: but when they perish, the righteous increase.”
We cannot stop the Devil from killing, stealing and destroying (John 10:10). Yet, the Bible tells us in 1st John 4:4-6, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.” I love that! The indwelling Holy Spirit inside every believer is GREATER that the Devil who is at work corrupting the world.
The heathen world hears the world, giving regard to their ungodly advice (John 15:19); but those who are led by the Spirit of God listen to truth-tellers who preach the inspired Word of God. 1st Corinthians 1:18b says that “the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.” I have shared the Gospel with countless thousands of people throughout my lifetime. I have handed people Gospel tracts, just to watch them literally walk 10 feet and toss the tract into a garbage pail. Woe unto those fools at the Great White Throne of Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15).
I'm sure that at some time in all of our lives we have been able to relate to Job's calamity, whom the Bible says was bombarded with one negative report after another, “While he was yet speaking” (Job 1:16a). And then again in verse 17, and again in verse 18. When it rains, it pours! I have been there friend, where things just kept getting worse, more crap on the pile.
Don't Worry Be Happy In The Lord
At those bitter times in life all we can do is look up to our blessed Savior like the psalmist, who cried out to God in Psalm 6:2-6, “Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed. My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long? Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.”
Being a Christian doesn't make life any easer, but it does make life better knowing that we can bring our every burden to the Lord in prayer and leave it there. Philippians 4:6-7, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” As the great contemporary philosopher Bobby McFerrin said in 1988, “Don't Worry Be Happy.”
The Joy Of The Lord Is Your Strength
Nehemiah 8:10, “Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.” I do not believe that this verse is teaching that God gives us His joy to be strong; but rather, our strength comes from knowing that God is joyful in Heaven. I find great peace in knowing that God is at perfect peace. I find great comfort in knowing that nothing ever rattles God's cage, so to speak; nothing every occurs to Him. God doesn't need a secretary to handle his complex schedule. Everything's alright in my Father's house!
We read in Revelation 20:12b that “the books were opened,” but those books aren't for God. They are for the damned to see a record of their sins, from which “works” they will be judged. God doesn't ever remember anything; He is omniscient (all knowing). Nehemiah said the joy of the Lord is your strength. In other words, if God is happy you will also be happy. If God is pleased, so am I. If God is calm, then so am I. I do not know what tomorrow holds, which is why I tend to worry. But my heavenly Father know what tomorrows holds.
I admit that I am a worrier. That is why I cautiously try to live my life in such a way, that I avoid creating unpleasant situations where I would need to worry more than I already am tempted to do. There's already enough stuff to worry about without creating more problems. Right? I learned that you cannot trust God and worry at the same time. The moment we start having faith in God, our worries begin to subside. When we put our faith in our blessed Savior, life's worries start to fade in comparison to the great hope of eternal life. Always remember,
UNSHAKABLE FAITH COMES FROM HAVING OUR FAITH SHAKEN.
While one servant was giving Job the horrible news that his oxen and asses had been stolen and men killed, “While he was yet speaking” another servant came to bring more bad news that his sheep were gone and workers dead; and then “While he was yet speaking” yet another servant came to tell Job that all of his camels were gone and those servants killed; and then “While he was yet speaking” still another distraught t servant ran in, informing Job that all of his ten children were dead. Can you image how Job felt? To say that he felt overwhelmed would be the understatement of that century.
Dear reader, “Have faith in God” (Mark 11:22b). Those are Jesus' words, not mine. When life doesn't give you a break, and everything seems to be going wrong, just hang in there for God, so that you may exclaim with the dear saint of God in Job 13:15, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.”
Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.