James 4:13-14, “Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.”
I got married in August of 1987. Sadly, my wife of 19 years divorced me in 2006. We both remained divorced and alone for the next 19 years. I wanted to find another wife, but due to my constant neck pain and reclusive personality I never found anyone. I was delighted in 2025 when my former wife agreed to remarry me (I had asked her a dozen times over the years). We were remarried in May of 2025.
But sadly, she abandoned me again in February of 2026, only 9 months into our remarriage. She filed for divorce in June and it was finalized on September 8th of 2026. I told the judge in writing that I did not want the divorce, but it didn't matter. This country is so evil and far gone into depravity today that anybody who wants a divorce can get one. I am heartbroken and lonely again. But my faith in God and website ministry since 2002 keep me going for the Lord. God is faithful (1st Corinthians 1:9). My Redeemer liveth! Job 19:25, “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.”
When my wife abandoned me in February of 2026, I inherited three Zebra finches (Dr. Pepper, Gigi and Bebet) and a 5-year-old cockapoo dog (Miss Pickles). I had never owned birds before. I learned how to care for them. I gave them spray millet, cuttlebone for calcium, plenty of water and finch food, and chopped up lettuce. They are the only companions I have. Having some small birds and a dog adds life to the house, without which an empty house can feel like a coffin. God hates divorce for a very good reason, because He knows what it does to people.
Yesterday morning a little after 6 am I turned on their cage light. They have a nice 4' tall cage. I didn't see Bebet. She likes to forage at the bottom sometimes, so I looked down there but didn't see her at first. I kept looking up and down but didn't see her anywhere. Then I noticed her lifeless body laying at the bottom and I wept bitterly. My friend was dead. I had fed her every day. I had greeted the birds each morning to acknowledge them as living creatures. I invested into their happiness and did everything I could to give them a good life. I dug a hole in my backyard 18" deep yesterday morning at about 7 am and I buried Bebet with dignity. I know she's just a little bird, but she was my friend and I loved her.
I wept much after I found Bebet dead in her cage yesterday. That is why I never wanted any pets, and these were suddenly abandoned to me; because it is too painful when they die. I hate death! The Bible calls death “our enemy.” 1st Corinthians 15:26, “The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.” Thanks be to God, through faith in Jesus Christ we need not fear death, who took the sting out of death for the saint (1st Corinthians 15:55-56).
I watched Bebet day by day enjoy pecking at her cuttlebone for the calcium she needed to lay eggs. I watched her enjoy eating the food, flying around and foraging at the bottom. I read that birds need 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness, so that is what I set their Full Spectrum light for, that I bought for them. Dr. Pepper and Gigi are brothers. Zebra finches only live for be around 4 to 5 years old. I am not sure how old Bebet was. My former wife bought them in 2024, so she is not sure either. But at least I know I gave them the best life I could.
Although I was sad all day yesterday at the passing of my friend, I praised God for His goodness and for the gift of His precious only begotten Son. 1st Peter 2:7, “Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner.” 1st Corinthians 1:18, “For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.” I thank God I am born again! I thank God that I am a Christian! This world is a dark place of sin, shame and wickedness.
Life is so short dear friend. Larissa Nicole Rodriguez in Texas died at the age of 17 in October 2025 from drinking caffeine drinks. Chance Gainer age 18, died in September of 2024 while playing football. His heart failed. We never know what another day may bring. In March of 2009, 18-year-old Whitney Hendrickson of Colorado Springs was standing at a gas pump when another vehicle struck hers and pinned her underneath the vehicle, starting a fire. She screamed for help as the gasoline fire slowly burned her alive. Dear reader, today could be the last day of your life. Are you prepared to meet your Creator?
I know Bebet was just a little bird, but God created her. How much more is mankind precious to our Creator? Ecclesiastes 3:21, “Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?” As I grow older I have a greater respect and appreciation for all living creatures. Bebet was my friend and I already miss her. Watching her play each day was a delight for me, and now that she is forever gone, my heart aches to see her again just for one more day, but I cannot. Life is a veil of tears.
Luke 12:4-7, “And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.”The Bible says that God cares and watches every bird. Jesus said in Luke 12:6 that NOT ONE OF THEM IS FORGOTTEN BEFORE GOD. Jesus tells us this, so that we will realize the extent to which God cares for us too, for even the number of hairs on our head are numbered by God. Think about that!!! If God keeps track of the ever-changing number of hairs on your head and mine, do you think He has missed the malicious people who have hurt you, cheated you, slandered and lied about you, and done evil against you? Not a chance! And the Lord sees all the little good and helpful things that we do as well.
Hopefully you're not the abusive and evil one. Jesus said in Matthew 12:36 that men will give account on Judgment Day even for the words they speak. God doesn't miss anything and nothing is too small a matter to our omnipotent and omniscient faithful God. The Bible tells us not to fear mankind; but rather, to FEAR God whose eyes are upon the evil and the good. Proverbs 15:3, “The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.”
The Bible teaches respect for animals and life. In the law of Moses, God forbade anyone from harming birds in a nest if it was in their way:
Deuteronomy 22:6-7, “If a bird's nest chance to be before thee in the way in any tree, or on the ground, whether they be young ones, or eggs, and the dam [mother] sitting upon the young, or upon the eggs, thou shalt not take the dam [mother] with the young. But thou shalt in any wise let the dam [mother] go, and take the young to thee; that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days.”God is so wonderful! When I first read this Scripture passage, I immediately thought about pregnant Salmon and other species of fish, how they are often released by law to give birth to more fish. It very likely could be that God wanted the mother bird to be able to reproduce again, which is why He insisted that she be released back into the wild. God is a conservationist more than anyone, caring for His earth (1st Corinthians 10:26).
Whether that's what this passage means or not, it is certainly the ethical (right) thing to do to respect motherhood. I think that this Scripture passage is teaching respect for reproduction in life. Look at all the endangered species in the world today, and how many birds and animals are now extinct because of man's recklessness. It would certainly make sense that God, who cared to preserve His creation through the flood of Genesis Chapter 6, would be concerned about the preservation of the different species of life.
Matthew 10:29-30, “Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.”
I was thinking this week about some general observations about people that Pastor Jack Hyles made in a sermon titled, “Who Cares Anyway?,” as he watched some uninterested teens idly pass by their 89 year old great grandmother's casket at a funeral...
“If you have one person in this world, one, in or out of your family, who really cares for you; and will care for you when you mistreat them, and will care for you when you cannot give them a thing; if you have one person who cares for you with Bible care, you're above average.” —Pastor Jack Hyles, “Who Cares Anyway?”
“If you really care about one person, you're above average.” —Pastor Jack Hyles, “Who Cares Anyway?”
Bebet's death reminded me yesterday of how short life is for all of us. Hebrews 9:27 warns that we all have an appointment with death someday. I am ready to meet my Maker. Are you dear friend? Thank you as always for reading my ministry blog. Jesus is precious!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.