Saturday, January 2, 2021

We Have Such A Very Good God

Psalms 25:7, “Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.” Psalms 27:13, “I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.” Psalms 31:19, “Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!” Psalms 33:5, “He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.

I was thinking today of how good God is. I read a Bible verse the other day that stayed in my mind and heart from Psalms 33:5, “He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. We all know that there is much ugliness in the world. The daily news has been nothing less than shocking over the past 25 years, reporting horrible crimes, as our country deteriorates worse each year morally. What can we expect when the inspired Holy Bible has been banned from children's daily curriculum at school since 1963? Our Creator deserves so much better! A society without faith in God is doomed to destruction, it's just a matter of time.

Yet, there is far more goodness than evil in the world, if we take the time to see and enjoy it. I personally took all of the following seven nature photos with my pocket camera, capturing God's goodness...








ABOVE: Seven Photos I Took of God's Goodness

I am encouraged by the following Scripture. Psalms 31:19, “Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!The Bible says that God has laid up GREAT GOODNESS for His children, for those who trust in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior!

I was sad to read recently of the passing of hard rock guitarist Eddie Van Halen (1955-2020). It broke my heart because Eddie and his brother Alex are lifelong Roman Catholics, who follow a manmade works-based plan of sacramental salvation. That is not how a person obtains the new birth in Jesus Christ, which one needs to enter into God's Kingdom. John 3:3, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.Roman Catholicism is a prisonhouse of religion. Kindly said, Catholicism allows people to live in open sin (aka, Fat Tuesday, or Mardi Gras), just so long as they go to make it right at confession on Ash Wednesday. Folks, there is not a priest or minister on earth that has the God-given power nor authority to forgive sin. I fear that Eddie Van Halen did not go to Heaven, because he died in his sins without Christ (John 8:24). No one has ever been redeemed who trusted in the Catholic church to save them! Salvation is found only in a Person, Who is Jesus Christ!!!

I searched the book of Psalms and found the word goodness mentioned 18 times. Our God is a very good God. David rejoiced in the Old Testament that His sins were forgiven and forgotten by the Lord. Psalms 25:7, “Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD. Pastor Jack Hyles authored a helpful book titled: THE STORY BEHIND THE PSALMS.” Dr. Hyles is not sure who wrote Psalms 25, but David is the likely writer. Pastor Hyles believes that the prophet Daniel authored Psalms 103:12, As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.Daniel and the Jews were being held in Babylonian captivity. It is clear that David wrote Psalm chapter 51, describing his repentance to God. Moses wrote some of the Psalms. That is very interesting.

David is the writer of Psalms 27:13, “I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.” I love that Bible passage. David said that he would have quit (fainted) if it weren't for GOD'S GOODNESS! I know that feeling too. Bears scare me! This 19 year old girl was caught in Russia by a mother bear in 2011, who bit her leg to cripple her, so her three baby cubs could eat her alive! But far more deadly than bears are people! In the year 2011, there were an astounding 14,612 murders in the United States. But every year in the U.S. there is an average of 11 people killed by bears! Wow! That means humans are 132,800% more deadly than bears! Lions, tigers and bears, Oh my, but people will kill you with no reason why. I'm still way more scared of BEARS!!!

God is so good! Consider all the wonderful foods that God made for us. Look at all the color vegetables. Consider the different delicious meats. Look how God made cows so big and long, loaded with beef! I've been eating cooked dry beans lately instead of red meat, and they are so tasty. Look at all the wonderful flavors, and the taste buds we have as humans to enjoy it all. Dear reader, evolution absolutely could not do that! If everything evolved, we would only have the bare minimum, not a wide assortment of food varieties imaginable. Taste the onion. Taste pepper. Taste cinnamon. Taste honey! Taste garlic! These are all examples and proofs of God's goodness to humanity. I for one am inexplicably thankful to the Lord, every day and night, for His wondrous goodness to mankind.

Look at the stars, the sun and the moon. They are so beautiful. Did you know that astronomers so far have discovered 200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars? That is more stars than grains of sand upon the earth. And yet, just one grain of sand has more atoms than all the known stars in the universe! GOD IS TRULY MORE THAN AMAZING!!! The folks at NASA are preparing to launch their new James Webb Telescope in 2021. They anticipate that scientists will newly discover over 1 trillion galaxies! Presently there are 200 billion known galaxies, each containing trillions of stars. Oh how God deserves so much better than what we give him. I feel like such a horrible Christian all the time. Yet I know that my righteousness is found in God's imputed righteousness by faith, and not in my own goodness. I love the Lord so much for counting my faith as righteousness! What a precious gift from God. Before God ever made the world, He had already made the PROMISE of eternal life (Titus 1:2).

I cannot find the words to adequately even begin to describe how wonderful, awesome and good God is. THANK YOU Lord for all your goodness, blessings and for saving a woeful sinner like me. THANK YOU for my website ministry. THANK YOU for the gift of your only begotten Son, Jesus Christ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sadly, Barbra Streisand Won't Be Going To Heaven

1st John 2:22-23, “Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoe...