Galatians 3:1-3, “O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?”
One of my Facebook friends named Ronnie got upset with me today over my article exposing Jack Chick (1924-2016) as a false prophet. Here is my article...
Here is Ronnie's first response:
“Bro David Stewart, those gospel tracts are biblical. Amen.”
Here is my first reply:
No, Chick Tracts are of the Devil. Not one verse in the inspired King James Bible requires surrendering your life to Christ, acknowledging Jesus as your LORD, or repenting of your sins, or even to be willing to repent of your sins, to be saved. Jack Chick (1924-2016) meant well, but he was doctrinally corrupt and off base.
Over the past 24 years of website ministry, I have received numerous testimonies from frustrated Christians who before they were saved had been misled by Chick Tracts, thinking that God would not save them until they were willing to stop fornicating, stop getting drunk and stop living a lifestyle of sinning. If they had died during that time of ignorance, they would have went to Hell forever because Jack Chick lied to them.
Jonah 3:10, “And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.” The Bible calls turning from their evil ways "works." This passage also says that God Himself "repented." So, repentance cannot mean to turn from one's sins because God cannot sin.
Despite his great art work, Jack Chick was a dangerous false prophet!
Here is Ronnie's second reply:
“Quit being so critical, you will fall into same trap as Steven Anderson.”Here is my unedited final reply:
Kindly, I didn't want to do it Ronnie, but I have unfriended you. It's the only way that I can silence the foolish critics. If you think I am being "critical" as a Bible preacher to contend for the Christian faith, as the Bible commends the saints to do (Jude 1:3), then you clearly are not right with God.
Furthermore, I seriously doubt if you are saved, since you are wickedly defending Chick Tracts which plainly teach another gospel.
Millions of churchgoers and non-churchgoers alike have been horribly misled by today's senseless incompetent pastors to believe that God won't save them unless they are first willing to forsake a lifestyle of sinning. Ray Comfort, Paul Washer, Marty Herron, Jeff Redlin, Albert Mohler, Charles Stanley, Joel Osteen, Kirk Cameron, Pensacola Christian College, Bob Jones University, Mormons, Roman Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Church of Christ, Reformed Baptists (Calvinists), Neo-Evangelical Baptists, Seventh-Day Adventists—all require a willingness to forsake sinful BEHAVIOR to be saved.
Yet, in all the passages of the inspired King James Bible, I cannot find even one place where anyone was required to turn from their sins, repent of their sins, be willing to turn from their sins, surrender their life to Christ, acknowledge Jesus as LORD, or anything else to get to Heaven other than to simply BELIEVE that Jesus is the Christ, the only begotten Son of God; and to trust that He died on a cross to pay for our sins, was buried, but three days later resurrected from the dead. This is the only Gospel, nothing else (1st Corinthians 15:1-4).In Acts 16:30-31 when the Roman jailer asked what he needed to do to be saved, Paul and Silas simply answered: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved."In John 6:28-29 when some people asked Jesus what works they needed to do to work the works of God, Jesus answered: "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."Yet, Jack Chick comes along with his own corrupt theology and writes in over one billion Chick Tracts that God will not save you unless you are first "willing to turn from sin," which is nowhere found in the Holy Bible. Shame on you Ronnie for defending false doctrine.
I used to be one of the biggest fans of Jack Chick 30 years ago. I bought Chick Tracts by the boxes to distribute. I bought his sample packs galore because I wanted all of his literature. I bought his comic magazines, the whole shebang!But after I started my website ministry in 2002, a web visitor contacted me about Chick Tracts. At first I refused to turn on one of my childhood heroes, Jack Chick. I was captivated as a child and teenager by his alluring artwork.
My ministry friend warned about me about Jack Chick. I still remember that his name was Herald. He told me that for a period of about five years he wanted to be saved, but after reading Chick Tracts thought that he couldn't be saved without first giving up the sins in his life, which he wasn't willing to do. Herald told me that if he had died, he would be burning in the Lake of Fire forever because Jack Chick LIED TO HIM. And yet you wickedly defend him? Shame on you.
Herald opened my eyes. But at first I was stubborn, like you are being. It literally took six months for me to come around, before I was finally willing to do what needed to be done. I was defensive at first, like you are being now. I made excuses for Jack Chick, but the seed of truth had been planted into my soul. For six months the truth gnawed at my conscience, bothering me day by day what Herald had said.
One day I remembered a sermon that I had heard by Pastor Jack Hyles titled, "The Axe Is Laid To The Root." I decided to just lay the axe to the root and decide once and for all if what Jack Chick is preaching is sound Bible doctrine. I firmly concluded that it is not! I simply cannot justify what Jack Chick is preaching in his cartoon literature with the inspired Word of God. You better believe that I am being "critical" and so should you be doing if you cared.
What we believe ultimately determines where we will spend eternity. Either you must be willing to forsake your sinful behavior to be saved, or you don't have to, but it cannot be both. By falsely accusing me of being "critical" for contending for the faith in defense of a free grace Gospel without works, you are wickedly endorsing multiple plans of salvation. Think about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.