Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Soulwinning Is The Greatest Job In The World

1st Corinthians 9:16, “For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!”

There is not a more respectable, noble and important job in the universe, than that of preaching the Gospel with lost sinners. By preaching I simply mean sharing how you got saved with others, so that they can be saved too. If you can explain to someone  why you are going to Heaven, then you should be able to lead someone else to the Lord.

Being President of the United States is not as great a job as soulwinning. Being a fireman, policeman, paramedic or Cost Guard rescue worker is not anywhere near as important as being a SOULWINNER!!! Sharing the Gospel with lost sinners is the greatest duty and job there is in the universe.

Sadly, 99% of Christians would rather have a high-paying job, than to go soulwinning. What saith the Scripture? Luke 8:15, “But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.” If you are not a soulwinner, you have not yet matured in the Lord. The parable of The Sower And The Seeds is about maturing in the Lord, not about salvation. Luke 8:15 teaches that an honest saint with a good heart will heed God's inspired Word and share the Gospel with others.

A believer who doesn't share the Gospel after being taught the truth is rebellious. Luke 8:14 indicts most Christians as failures, because they have allowed themselves to become choked by the cares, riches and pleasures of this world, hindering them from focusing on soulwinning. Sharing the Gospel is every believer's responsibility, not just the pastor's. Jesus gave The Great Commission in Matthew 28:19-20 to all believers, not just His twelve disciples. The Great Commission involves teaching our converts to go out and preach the Gospel, and so forth. The idea is to perpetuate the Gospel from one generation to the next.

When I was a boy I wanted to grow up to become a firefighter. I wanted to help and rescue people. But I became something much better, I became a SOULWINNER, rescuing people from the everlasting fires of Hell with the saving power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Romans 1:16; 1st Corinthians 15:1-4). There's not a more important job I could have chosen in life.

As a boy I also wanted to become a superhero, from watching the Super Friends cartoon every Saturday morning. You can see the opening theme on YouTube. I have always wanted super powers to help people, just like every other kid who grew up with super heroes for mentors. But I have something much better, I have God almighty as my friend. God can do anything. He often doesn't answer my prayers to do what I want Him to do, but I trust the Lord that He knows what is best, and wants what is best for me as His redeemed child. Jesus told us to, “Have faith in God” (Mark 11:22b).

You'll never come closer to being a superhero than as a soulwinner, rescuing people from the everlasting damnation of Hell with the Gospel of peace (Romans 5:1). That is why we read the precious promise in Daniel 12:3, “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.”

Yours Truly Outside My Front Door - July 22, 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Damnable False Gospel Of Pastor Jack Hibbs

Galatians 1:6-7, “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not a...