Saturday, June 22, 2024

The Foolishness Of Comparing Our Self With Others

2nd Corinthians 10:12, “For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.”

It is an important Bible truth that we compare our self only to the inspired Word of God. If we foolishly compare our self to other people, then we might think more highly of our self than we ought. Luke 18:11, “The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.” This Pharisee foolishly compared himself to other sinners, instead of measuring himself by the Holy Bible. The Word of God is as a mirror, showing us who we really are. When I read the Scripture I see myself as a guilty sinner deserving of God's wrath, but if I foolishly compare myself to other humans, then I might errantly view myself as being self righteous. So, don't ever evaluate yourself by comparing with other sinners.

We are living in a generation that does not look up. They do not look up to God. There is no fear of God, nor regard for man, in their character. They will steal, hurt and betray anybody for personal gain. From the punk on the street, to the crooked politician, to the corrupt White House, to the greedy cutthroat lawyer—thieves abound today in America! I fear God. I regard other people. How we treat others matters. They treat people like garbage at Pensacola Christian College (PCC). Their leaders are a disgusting cult of rich snobs, hypocrites and self-righteous Pharisees. I wouldn't enroll a dog into that cesspool of iniquity. The cult system always comes first at PCC, there is no concern or compassion for individual people. SHAME on PCC!!!

I have learned as a born-again believer to only compare myself to the King James Bible, which is the inspired Word of God. If I compare myself with others, I may become down and disillusioned. I often feel so little, like I should be doing so much more to serve God. I forget that I continually suffer from an old neck injury. Since I live with the pain, burning nerves and discomfort all the time, I actually forget about it sometimes, because it has become the new norm. Yet, the relentless pain and related bodily afflictions constantly irritate, frustrate and cause me to lack patience with everything. So, I need to keep this in mind and limit my activities. God is always good and I have no complaints. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

So, please don't compare yourself with other people dear reader. God has a unique plan for each of us. God made us all different. You are unique and so am I. God never intended for us to all conform to the standards of a religious cult, cutting our hair the same, dressing the same, looking and talking the same, et cetera. My suffering will be different than your suffering. My burdens, trials and hardships will be different than yours. So, I encourage you to be yourself, embracing the unique individual that God intended for you to be.

I never wanted to be divorced, but my former wife horribly abandoned and divorced me in 2006. I could sit around and become bitter why other men have loyal wives, but I didn't. I choose not to dwell upon such negative thoughts; but rather, I sincerely thank God for His goodness each day, for His bountiful provisions, for my remaining good health, for my family, for the musical instruments that I love to play, for local churches, and for all the blessings in my life.

Anybody can be happy if we choose to be happy. People who are unhappy choose to be unhappy, by choosing to focus on the negative things in their life. I choose to focus on the good things in my life. I thank God that my name is written in Heaven in the Lamb's Book of Life (Luke 10:20). I thank God for the banjo and steel guitar that I love to play. Although I suffer in constant chronic neck pain, and burning nerves, I thank God that I can still function normally and take care of myself. I have no complaints.
“The foundation of gratitude is the expectation of nothing.” —Pastor Jack Hyles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Repent Of Your Sins Documentary

Acts 16:27-31, “ And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would h...