Tuesday, April 23, 2024

The Sackler Family Are Not To Blame For OxyContin Deaths

I have been listening for several years to society beat up on the Sackler family, who own the Purdue Pharma company that makes the drug Oxycontin, since 1996.

As a chronic pain sufferer myself, I have been prescribed the drug OxyContin since 2010, after my second neck surgery. I like the drug. It is a time-release drug that lasts for 12 hours. The drug is mild on my system, and doesn't have the severe withdrawal effects of other pain drugs like Dilaudid, Morphine Sulfate and Percocet. Perhaps that is because it is a time-release pill. Albeit, I really appreciate the medication to help alleviate my neck pain.

Over the past 20 years, upward of one million Americans have died from opiate drugs. But most of these deaths have been caused by Fentanyl, a deadly drug that is 50 times more powerful than Morphine. I refuse to take Fentanyl. About 10 years ago my former doctor prescribed a 25 MCG patch of Fentanyl. That is the closest I've eve come to feeling drunk. I don't drink booze, so I don't know what it feels like to get drunk. But I do know that the Fentanyl affected me in ways that I never want to feel again. It is a powerful drug, not in good ways. Please avoid Fentanyl.

What the critics of OxyContin all refuse to admit, while suing the Sackler family, is that their loved ones who died while taking OxyContin were abusing the drug. They took too much, or recklessly took it with other drugs not prescribed to them, or drank alcohol while taking the drug (which overrides the time-release function), et cetera. I have been taking OxyContin responsibly since 2010, and I've never had any close calls, Emergency Room visits or problems using the helpful medication.

If you go buy a circular saw at HomeDepot and then cut your hand off while drunk, do you have a right to sue Craftsman, Makita or Milwaukee? Is it their fault that you got hurt using their saw, because you didn't use it in a safe manner? No, it is not their fault in any way. What? Now companies must install breathalyzer safety locks on their power tools? We've gone insane in the United States.

I am listening to the inspired King James Bible while working, as I often do. We all need to hear from God's Word every day. I am listening to the Gospel of Luke. I just heard the true story of the man who was demon possessed and out of his mind. He set himself on fire. The towns people had bound him with chains, but he broke free. He roamed around naked, night and day, totally insane. Let me say dear reader, that the insanity we are seeing in American society today is sourced in demonic spirits. The filth of Hollywood, the wickedness of Sin City Las Vegas, the insanity of transgenderism and the blatant corruption in our government have all been inspired by demons. The sinful human spirit is influenced by demonic spirits. That is why my favorite Scripture for many years has been Proverbs 4:23, “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Like Adam blamed Eve whom God made for him (Adam was also blaming God), and Eve blamed the serpent who beguiled her, so also do humans by nature blame others for our failures and bad choices in life. This is especially true of today's younger generations. I once heard a young woman horribly blame her parents for not giving her more attention as a child, which she attributed as the cause of her social awkwardness. What an ingrate! Don't you dare blame your Mom and Dad for your shortcomings in life. The old adage is very true: You've got nobody to blame except yourself.

The Sackler family has refused to cave into legal and political pressure from alleged “victims” of deceased loved ones who died while taking OxyContin. It is not their fault. If you properly use the drug as specified by your doctor, then you won't die. Granted, there are always extremely rare instances of death while taking prescription medications, but they are super rare. Ninety-nine percent of the people dying from opiate drugs are overdosing deliberately to get buzzed. That is not the fault of the Sackler family!!! You're an idiot if you abuse the drug, that's the problem!

I saw ruthless angry family members holding up photos of their dead loved ones. I heard their angry words directed at the Sacklers. Of course, they all want millions of dollars in damages, with their scum of the earth lawyers standing next to them. People are so foolish and predictable. The families are claiming that OxyContin is addictive, which the Sacklers knew but didn't disclose. I've been taking OxyContin for 14 years, since 2010. I've never been addicted. I have taken as much as 140 mg per day. Unfortunately, the state of Florida doesn't care about suffering people, so I can't get more than 40 mg a day now, which is almost useless.

We've got a bunch of idiots making our laws, who know nothing about drugs. Evidently they aren't listening to the people who do either, or else they wouldn't be overreacting as they are to the opiate death epidemic. All they need to do is make it harder to obtain the drugs. I am willing to jump through whatever hoops I need to jump through to get the amount of OxyContin that I need, but the government doesn't care, so I suffer needlessly. Our government (federal and state) are grossly incompetent! They are like children who have found their father's loaded gun and have no idea what they are doing. It is blatantly clear from seeing the open borders, children intentionally being confused about their gender, a needless epidemic of poverty and homelessness nationwide, widespread drug abuse, deplorable filth and uncleanliness in our cities, thousands of mass-shootings nationwide and all the other ills in American society today, that this is all deliberately being done to destroy our nation.

Ultimately we are all to blame for tolerating this craziness. Just like prescription drug abusers and their families blame the drug manufacturers instead of themselves, so also do people blame God for their problematic life. God wrote the inspired Holy Bible to show us how to live. He gave us an instruction book to guide us through the mountains and valleys of life. Yet, people refuse to follow or even read God's instruction book, and then when their life turns to ruin they blame God for not caring about them. Whose fault is it really? That's right, ours!

Until we stop blaming others for our failures in life, we cannot grow. The Sacklers and OxyContin are not the problem, the people who abuse the drug are to blame!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Senator Bernie Sanders Rightly Condemns Israel's President Benjamin Netanyahu As A Thug War Criminal

I thank God for the few respectable leaders that we have left in the United States. I don't agree with everything Senator Bernie Sanders...