Thursday, June 22, 2023

What's The Difference Between A Spiritual Christian And A Carnal Christian?

Romans 8:1-6, There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.”

QUESTION: What is the difference between a spiritual Christian and a carnal Christian? One does service unto God and one doesn’t? What if a Christian is too earthy or fleshy, will they face chastening and lose rewards in heaven

ANSWER: As way of introduction, one of my favorite sermons by Dr. Jack Hyles is titled: "THE GOOD MAN VERSUS THE SPIRITUAL MAN." This sermon is not part of this blog per se, but it is definitely related and contains a tremendous truth that I hope everyone will learn and embrace.

What is the difference between a spiritual Christian and a carnal Christian? Simply put, a spiritual Christian sets their mind on spiritual (righteous, heavenly, eternal) things; whereas a carnal Christian sets their mind upon carnal (fleshly, sinful, temporary, worldly) things.
𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝟯:𝟭-𝟮, "𝗜𝗳 𝘆𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗯𝗲 𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁, 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗚𝗼𝗱. 𝗦𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗮𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗵."
I know that I harp on Pensacola Christian College (PCC) a lot, but it is for a good reason, because they are carnally minded. I sincerely tried to make peace with them, but PCC and their carnal Pastor Jeff Redlin refused. That is because they are focusing on temporal things to make money, and not focusing on eternal things. For if they did they would appreciate my website ministry instead of criticizing my work. They falsely accused me of "finding weaknesses in preachers," when in reality I am faithfully contending for the faith, exposing the wickedness in corrupt preachers. PCC thinks I am wrong to preach against the Bob Jones University camp for preaching the Devil's damnable Lordship Salvation, and for calling them out in their shame for promoting the Devil's corrupt Westcott and Hort based Bible revisions. PCC is guilty the Bible says, partaker of BJU's evil deeds, because PCC wickedly bids BJU Godspeed (2nd John 1:11). PCC are carnally minded. And as such they are also in denial, since they know it is wrong to bid Godspeed to evil.

This was the sin of the Laodicean church, they were carnally minded. They were in denial. We see this clearly evidenced because even though the Bible says they thought they were prospering, rich and increased with goods (money); in realty the Lord called them five negative things: spiritually wretched, naked, poor, miserable and blind.
𝗥𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝟯:𝟭𝟱-𝟭𝟳, "𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝘆 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗻𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘁: 𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘁. 𝗦𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗹𝘂𝗸𝗲𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗺, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗻𝗲𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗻𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘁, 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗽𝘂𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘆 𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵. 𝗕𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗮𝘆𝗲𝘀𝘁, 𝗜 𝗮𝗺 𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱𝘀, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴; 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘄𝗿𝗲𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗿, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗱, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗻𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗱:"
The question asked was: "One does service unto God and one doesn’t? What if a Christian is too earthy or fleshy, will they face chastening and lose rewards in heaven?" That's a great question! Yes, some faithful saints serve God (standing on the promises); while other idle saints do nothing (sitting on the premises). There are no promises in the inspired Holy Bible which say that God will reward lazy saints who do nothing for Christ. But the Word of God contains many promises from the Lord that He will reward all labor done for Him (Matthew 10:42; Mark 9:41; 1st Corinthians 3:7-9; Revelation 22:12).
𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗲𝗹 𝟭𝟮:𝟯, "𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁; 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿."
PCC is a good example of carnally minded saints. To the spiritually minded Christian, right doctrine matters and is worth contending for. But to carnally minded Christians (like the PCC camp), they only care about making money and protecting the name of their institution. Spiritually minded believers care about everyone, not just those who pay them money. I have been banned in writing from attending PCC's Campus Church. Only carnally minded believers refuse to make peace, reconcile with hurting people, and simply allow them to return to church.

PCC are not right with God, and are sadly blinded by their worldly success so they don't care. That is shallow and contemptible, not honoring to the Lord Jesus Christ. If a child of God is too earthly or fleshly to obey God to serve Him and love the brethren, then they will certainly lose rewards and be chastened by God for their disobedience. The Bible commands us as believers to love one another, not ban people from attending church. The Bible commands us as saints to "earnestly contend for the faith" (Jude 1:3), and to "rebuke them sharply" who preach another gospel (Titus 1:9-14), and to "refute" (expose) every work of darkness" (Ephesians 5:11).

Sadly, at PCC they merely want to insincerely play church and run an education business in the name of Jesus, while not walking in the Holy Spirit. If they did walk in the Spirit, they would be begging me to come back to Campus Church, since they know I am hurting and I have humbly apologized and asked to return. They simply couldn't care less, all the while pretending to serve God and kidding themselves that they are spiritually minded. They are not; PCC is carnally minded, evidenced by their immoral spiritually adulterous affair with the Bob Jones camp who preach the Devil's Lordship Salvation, and promote the Devil's corruptible seed. PCC is shameful and carnal. I used PCC as a perfect example of carnally minded saints today.

PCC leaders have already received the only rewards they will ever have, which is their 6-digit earthly paychecks. They have already been compensated. In sharp contrast, I have never received a single penny for my 21 years of hard work online, for my website ministry. Whereas PCC leaders condemn my website ministry, God approves of it and condemns their ministry at PCC, since they sinfully refuse to contend for the faith as I am faithfully doing. I make no apologies for exposing the rotten Harvest Baptist Church on Guam, and their wicked pastors' Marty Herron and Gary Walton, who have sided with Satan's Lordship Salvation, misunderstood repentance and Devil's Bible perversions. I have done no wrong to expose evil, but PCC has done wrong to get into bed with them.


Sadly, we've got Baptist churches all over Pensacola today who shamefully bid Godspeed to PCC, send their youth to play sports at PCC, send their youth to PCC to go to school, and hobnob with PCC; but these terrible local churches DO NOT contend for the faith, just like PCC doesn't. They are PCC clones! PCC is a bad influence in America today!!! In the church I have been attending, not a single word has ever come from the pulpit against the Devil's bibles, nor the Devil's Lordship Salvation, nor against sin, et cetera. It's all positive, positive, positive, just like Balaam's corrupt preaching! It's not what a preacher says that makes him a false teacher, it's mostly what HE DOESN'T SAY!

We've got a bunch of girlyboy sissies in the pulpit today, instead of men of God who spare not the flock with the truth. All these pantywaist pastors today are afraid to lose members if they offend someone by being, God forbid, controversial. When I attended the Lighthouse Baptist Church on Guam, I was zealous to warn people about the Devil's fake bibles. Pastor Sean Quinlan (a spiritually queer PCC intern) got mad at me. He snapped one night outside the church, calling me "obsessed over the Bible issue." You had better believe that I am OBSESSED OVERT THE BIBLE ISSUE!!!

Anyway, Quinlan 100% has the sickening cowardly PCC mindset. Pastor Quinlan scolded me, shamefully saying: "I'm trying to build something here, and I don't want any controversies in my church that might cause a split." Since when is warning people about the Devil's corrupt Bible revisions a "controversy" to Baptists? What a shameful little man Sean Quinlan is, and Jeff Redlin too, and the whole rotten lot of corrupt fruit at PCC and their incompetent alumni. Some people mistakenly think that I just don't like PCC, but the issue is much bigger than my personal wounded feelings I assure you, if anybody has been paying attention. PCC are carnally minded. Their alumni are carnally minded, following the fleshly lead at cult headquarters at PCC.

Sean Quinlan was essentially telling me (to his utter shame) that increasing church attendance (and tithe donations) is far more important to him than preaching THE TRUTH to people. You see, PCC is so desperate to build churches at any expense, that right doctrine doesn't matter to them. PCC is eerily silent about the Devil's bibles. PCC doesn't want to suffer persecution for the cause of Christ. PCC doesn't want to be put outside the gate with Jesus. They are wicked children, no better than the Laodiceans.

Anyway, pardon my long answer, rant and preaching a bit. I cannot think of a group any more carnal today than PCC. The BJU camp are not even saved, because Lordship Salvation is a perversion of God's free gift of grace. You don't earn grace, you simply receive it by faith in Jesus Christ. BJU openly bid Godspeed to Dr. John MacArthur, a well known 5-point Calvinist and damnable heretic. PCC has no shame, but they will at the Judgment Seat of Christ. I personally believe that there are MANY tares in the PCC camp, because of their hobnobbing with the unsaved BJU cult, which confuses the young people abut the doctrine of salvation. If BJU are saved, then so also are Seventh-Day Adventists (because they also adhere to Lordship Salvation).

In fact, John MacArthur is praised at the Mormon Brigham Young (Bring 'em young!) University cult. 
Mormons agree with Lordship Salvation. That should tell us all something, that Lordship Salvation is of the Devil.

In closing, spiritually minded Christians care about spiritual matters. I don't claim to be a good Christian, but God is still working on me. But I am spiritually minded most of the time, which is why I contend for the faith. By God's grace, I started my website ministry back in 2002 because I was spiritually minded. I decided before I even began that I would never take a penny for my labors for Christ. By God's grace I am still working diligently with my shoulder to the plow, never looking back. I care because God cares.

David asked his shameful brothers: "Is there not a cause?" (1st Samuel 17:29). Yes, David, there is a cause still today in 2023. Lordship Salvation is a giant that must be slayed! The Devil's Bible revisions are a giant that must be slayed! PCC are like David's cowardly brothers who were full of excuses why they couldn't fight Goliath. They had better things to do. For many years I felt betrayed by God for all the hardships, losses and miseries in my personal life; but then over time I realized that Christ's strength is made perfect through my weaknesses. I learned that (like Moses) I would never expose the Devil that I was sleeping with, so God had to deliver me from BJU, PCC and the ungodly Harvest Baptist Church on Guam (a cesspool of incompetent BJU graduates).

Consequently, since 2014 I have faithfully preached against these wicked devils in the pulpit who masquerade as men of God, deceiving the people for filthy lucre's sake to feed their own bellies. False prophets always get paid!!! I dare anyone to show me a false prophet who doesn't ask for donations or get paid something. I ask for nothing except your earnest prayers. Please just remember to mention my name to God when you pray, and ask Him to bless my ministry labors and help me cope with the chronic constant pain, tingling and burning in my neck and body.

I once heard a pastor say: "It's hard to be spiritual when you are in pain." I thought long upon his statement. That pastor was 80 years old and suffering in pain himself. I think it is more true that it is hard to be a good Christian when you are in pain. The reason why is because being in pain makes us frustrated, irritable and lacking in patience at times. That is certainly true of myself. But I think being spiritual and being a good Christian are not the same thing. I might be irritable and not want to be around people often (which is why I miss church 50% of the times at least), but that doesn't mean that my mind is not focused on the things of God.

When I do stay home from church because I don't want to be around people due to my bodily afflictions, I almost always work on my ministry instead and listen to some preaching from the internet. I know it is not the same as going to church, which nothing can substitute for; however, my humble point is simply that I am still in a spiritual frame of mind, even though I stayed home from church. I may not be a "good Christian" who always makes it to church, but I am spiritually minded most of the time, thinking about how I can be a blessing for Christ to help others.

When a thief on May 5th, 2023 broke into my car and stole my church Bible with all my irreplaceable notes, and stole $200 of radios and audio cables, an expensive $50 flashlight and other stuff, I wasn't feeling very spiritual. In fact, I wanted to Necklace him (them) like they do in South Africa. "Necklacing" is when an angry mob take a rubber tire and douse it was gasoline and then hang it around someone's neck and light it on fire, watching the person burn to death in excruciating pain and horror. You can read about this increasingly common but horrifying practice online. Just search for "necklacing." I'd like to necklace the thief!

Sadly, our government has really dropped the ball regarding punishments fitting the crime. The young man who just murdered 5 young women in Minnesota (by driving drunk over 100 mph), also murdered an innocent pedestrian in 2018 in California. He was sentenced to 8 years in prison in 2020, but was released after just 2 1/2 years. Now he murdered 5 more innocent people. Since he was drunk he'll likely get another slap on the wrist. I wish alcohol would be banned!!!


I can't even get a proper amount of prescription Oxycontin to treat my neck pain, because the paranoid U.S. government is cracking down on prescription drugs, over the 70,000 deaths each year (mostly from illegal Fentanyl overdoses). Yet, and I just checked, there are 140,000 alcohol related deaths each year in the U.S. and our hypocritical U.S. government does NOTHING to stop it. What ungodly hypocrites!!!

So we see that a spiritual Christian cares about spiritual (heavenly, eternal, soulwinning) things; whereas a carnal Christian cares about carnal (fleshly, temporal, earthly) things.

It is definitely possible for a professed Christian to attend church regularly, sing in a choir, carry a Holy Bible, publicly testify of God's goodness and outwardly live the Christian life, yet be carnally minded.

It is equally possible for a professed Christian to stay home from church (for valid reasons), not be that good of a Christian (they may smoke, drink booze, cuss and listen to worldly music), yet still be spiritually minded. Pastor Jack Hyles (1926-2001) used to say: “Some of the worst Christians do the most for God.” Dr. Hyles was so right. I am living proof of that!

In the Bible we see how messed up the apostles were. Peter had a hot temper, flying off the handle, quick to draw the sword and run his mouth. All of the apostles fell asleep in the Garden of Gethsemane, when Jesus asked them to pray, knowing that He was about to be crucified by the Romans. All of the apostles forsook Jesus in His darkest hour of need. Remember, it was Judas (one of Christ's own apostles) and the wicked religious Pharisees who conspired against Christ to have Him killed. Religion is the worst thing that ever happened to this world.

Let me make some helpful observations:
  1. A spiritually minded Christian cares; a carnal Christian doesn't care.
  2. A spiritually minded Christian forgives others; a carnal Christian doesn't.
  3. A spiritually minded Christian prays; a carnal Christian doesn't.
  4. A spiritually minded Christian lives in the Holy Bible; a carnal Christian doesn't.
  5. A spiritually minded Christian loves; a carnal Christian doesn't care.
  6. A spiritually minded Christian contends for the faith; a carnal Christian doesn't care.
  7. A spiritually minded Christian is objective (he or she questions everything, testing it with the Bible, 1st John 4:1; a carnal Christian doesn't care.
  8. A spiritually minded Christian takes a stand against sin, wrong, evil, corruption and false doctrine; a carnal Christian doesn't care and merely goes along to get along.
  9. A spiritually minded Christian says: “We have sinned”; a carnal Christian says: “He has sinned” or “She has sinned.”
  10. A spiritually minded Christian pays attention; a carnal Christian seeks attention.
  11. A spiritually minded Christian pays their debts; a carnal Christian doesn't.
  12. A spiritually minded Christian works hard; a carnal Christian is lazy.
  13. A spiritually minded Christian is humble; a carnal Christian is haughty and proud.
  14. A spiritually minded Christian admits when they are wrong; a carnal Christian blames others.
  15. A spiritually minded Christian uses only a King James Bible; a carnal Christian uses the Devil's corrupted modern versions.
  16. A spiritually minded Christian is a fundamentalist; a carnal Christian is neo-evangelical.
  17. A spiritually minded Christian pays attention to little things; a carnal Christian doesn't.
  18. A spiritually minded Christian is sensitive but caring and understanding, willing to let matters go; a carnal Christian is cold-hearted, lacks understanding and holds grudges.
  19. A spiritually minded Christian takes the time to listen to people; a carnal Christian won't.
  20. A spiritually minded Christian is generous; a carnal Christian is stingy.
  21. A spiritually minded Christian may not appear to be a good Christian, but they are real; a carnal Christian may appear to be a good Christian, but are unreal.
  22. A spiritually minded Christian exposes falsehoods and evil, avoiding them; a carnal Christian goes along with falsehoods and evil, bidding Godspeed to false prophets.
  23. A spiritually minded Christian loves God and their neighbour (all humanity); a carnal Christian loves only them self, their family and friends.
  24. A spiritually minded Christian wants everybody in church; a carnal Christian only wants certain people in church that they accept.
  25. A spiritually minded Christian contends with the wicked; a carnal Christian praises them.
  26. A spiritually minded Christian seeks reconciliation with difficult people; a carnal Christian looks for excuses to shun difficult people.
  27. A spiritually minded Christian walks with God; a carnal Christian knows God.
Pensacola Christian College (PCC) is guilty of 90% of the things I just mentioned. They walk around with full heads but empty hearts.

THANK YOU dear reader for your interest in my ministry blog. To God alone be ALL the credit, praise and glory. Our great God is the only true and living God, and His only begotten Son's name is Jesus; and Jesus is God! What a wonderful God and Savior! Jesus is precious!!!


Following Christ never saved anybody. Judas Iscariot followed Jesus. What saith the Scripture? John 3:3, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Remember, Satan's greatest weapon is to con people into living the Christian life without ever being born again. In Matthew 7:21-23 a group of religious people followed Jesus their entire lives. They cried out to Jesus: “Lord, Lord,” but He knew them not as His sheep, and they were cast into Hell. Following Christ is discipleship, not sonship.

To enter into the Kingdom of God you must be born again, which comes by TRUSTING Jesus as your personal Savior. Simply receive Christ's sacrifice on the cross as payment for your sins, believing that He died, was buried and bodily resurrected three days later. You just need to BELIEVE that Jesus did it all for you! John 6:40, “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Don't Have To Be Afraid To Die

John 11:12, “And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?” Many people are afraid of dying. I was astonish...