Thursday, March 30, 2023

What To Do When You Feel Like God Doesn't Care

1st Peter 5:6-7, “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”

The Bible teaches that God does care! The Holy Bible declares that our great Creator cares about us as individuals. Yet, I admit that there have been times in my life when I felt like God didn't care about me. Nothing seemed to be going my way. None of my prayers seemed to get answered. I was miserable with the circumstances of my life, and I didn't know how to improve them. I felt, “What's the use of even praying anymore?”

Dear reader, I'm sure you've been there too friend. So what do we do when we feel that way? We have a quandary here don't we? We have a perplexing predicament! Either God cares and my feelings are deceiving me, or God doesn't care. What saith the Scripture? Jeremiah 17:9, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” I know that I am blessed by God to have a roof over my head, and food on the table, and shoes on my feet, and to live in a free country. Yet, why won't God answer my prayers? Why is my life so far away from what I had hoped it would become? I've been there sometimes, and so have you if you are honest with yourself and God. At those times in our lives, we must WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT. ...
2nd Corinthians 5:6-8, “Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.”
At those times of frustration and weakness when I feel like God doesn't care about me, I am at a fork in the road. I must choose to either travel the left path, concluding that God doesn't care about me or my problems and burdens; OR, I will choose by faith to take the right path, accepting what the Bible teaches in 1st Peter 5:7 that God cares about me. Anytime that my feelings and thoughts contradict the Bible, I am going to assume that I AM WRONG AND THE BIBLE IS RIGHT!!! That is what it means in Proverbs 3:5-7, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

The victorious Christian life is lived walking by faith, not by sight. I often feel like God abandoned me a long time ago, and that He ignores my prayers when I pray, and that He doesn't really care about a broken sinner like me. Yet, I still pray daily and work night and day on my website ministry, as a missionary evangelist on social media. I do this all BY FAITH!!! It matters not how I feel. I don't trust my feelings, because feelings can and do mislead us oftentimes.

In the Old testament, Isaac was deceived when he trusted his feelings instead of the voice of Jacob that he heard. Isaac had lost his good eyesight due to old age or disease (perhaps diabetes). We don't know. His eyesight was so poor that he couldn't even distinguish between his two sons. Perhaps you are familiar with the story. Isaac's wife, Rebekah, connived a horrible plot to deceive her husband, so that Isaac would give the birthright blessing to Jacob instead of Esau. So Rebekah took some hairy animal skins and placed them over Jacob's arms, because Esau had very hairy arms. The Bible says that Esau was a very hairy man.

The scheme worked! As Isaac felt of the arms, feeling the hair, he thought it was Esau. But when Isaac heard the voice, he knew that it was the voice of Jacob! Isaac had to make a choice!!! Would he go by the voice and refuse to bless Jacob, because Esau was the intended recipient of the birthright blessing? Or, would Isaac go by what he felt, when he touched the hair skins upon Jacob's arms?

Sadly, Isaac made the unwise decision to trust his feelings instead of going by THE VOICE that he heard. Dear friend, we learn a great spiritual lesson hear in the Bible, and that lesson is this—NEVER trust your feelings over THE VOICE of God's inspired Word, which is the Holy Bible!!! John 10:27-28, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

I assure you friend, whoever you may be, that God cares about you. Now, we must make an important distinction here between the saved and the unsaved. I often hear lost sinners talking about how God is going to help them, and speak of their faith in God, when they have never been born again by the Holy Spirit of God, by faith in the incorruptible Word of God, specifically 'THE GOSPEL' (1st Peter 1:23; 1st Corinthians 15:1-6).

The redeemed child of God has every RIGHT to come before God's throne of mercy to find grace to help in time of need. What saith the Scripture? ...
Hebrews 4:14-16, “Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
If you are a born again saint, then you have every right to approach God's throne in prayer, to request His help with whatever is burdening your heart. However, if you are NOT saved, God is angry with you all the time. Psalms 7:11, “God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.” God's wrath lives upon your head. John 3:36, “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” You are living dangerously friend on borrowed time.

Listen friend, today could be the last day of your life. Proverbs 27:1, “Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.” If you die in your sins without Jesus as your Savior, it will be too late to repent of your unbelief, and you will burn in Hell for all eternity. I don't want this to happen to you or anybody else. Perhaps you ask: “Preacher, are you trying to scare me?” Absolutely, yes! Proverbs 1:7, “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 9:10, The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.” As Yoda says in Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi to young Luke Skywalker, who said he wasn't afraid: “You will be, YOU WILL BE! ” What saith the Scripture? Hebrews 10:31, “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Dear reader, Jesus cares about YOU! I know some of you feel that He couldn't care less, because you don't see God working in your life. I know that some of you feel that way, because I receive your heartbreaking emails, sharing your broken life with me. I love you dear reader, whoever you may be. Anybody who knows me knows that I always pour my heart into my email replies, sometimes writing book length messages back, because I CARE. That is Jesus working and living in and through me, the fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-25).

When you feel like God doesn't care, the inspired Word of God assures us that HE DOES CARE!!! Please read: 'WHY GOD HIDES FROM US.'

Does Jesus Care?
(The Evans Family)

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Knows Everything We Think, Say And Do

Psalms 139:1-6, “O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.  Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought ...