Tuesday, April 7, 2020

I'm Proud Of My Heavenly Father

Proverbs 17:6, “Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.”

I am just a humble sinner, unworthy of God's great love. I often think of a Bible verse, where Jacob said to the Lord in Genesis 32:10, “I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands. I feel the same as Jacob. I am so grateful for my website ministry, and for all THE TRUTH that God has shown me over the years. God is making use of a nobody like me to help other people for Christ. 
Why God Hides His Face From The Righteous (MP3 by Pastor Jack Hyles)
Most people don't know what it is like to be humbled and broken in life, to lose everything, but I do. I know what it feels like to have everything go wrong in life, and nothing ever returns to normal, with no light at the end of the tunnel. I know the hurt, emotional trauma,  and inexplicable pain of soul—from betrayal, divorce, family turmoil, losing my home, poor health, constant chronic neck pain, being alone as a man without a wife. I ordered a book by Pastor M.R. DeHaan (1891-1965) from Amazon.com titled, “BROKEN THINGS: WHY WE SUFFER.” I want to share with you a wonderful quote by Dr. DeHaan from page 59:
“The greatest sermons I have ever heard were not preached from pulpits but from sickbeds. The greatest, deepest truths of God's Word have often been revealed, not by those who preached as a result of their seminary preparation and education, but by those humble souls who have gone through the seminary of affliction and have learned experientially the deep things of the ways of God.
The most cheerful people I have met, with few exceptions, have been those who had the least sunshine and the most pain and suffering in their lives. The most grateful people I have met were not those who traveled a pathway of roses all their lives through, but those who were confined, because of circumstances, to their homes—often to their beds. They had learned to depend upon God as only such Christians know how to do.” —Pastor M.R. DeHaan, BROKEN THINGS: WHY WE SUFFER,” page 59; Barbour Publishing, Inc., 1948
Pastor DeHaan goes on to explain the flip-side of the equation, concerning complainers...
“The 'gripers' on the other hand, are usually those who enjoy excellent health. The complainers are those who have the least to complain about. But those dear saints of God who have refreshed my heart again and again and again as they preached from sickbed-pulpits have been the men and women who have been the most cheerful and the most graceful for the blessings of almighty God.
The Bible tells us distinctly that there is a special reward and a special crown which the Lord has prepared and laid up for those who suffer patiently. This principle is suggested by the incident recorded in I Samuel 30. 
David, along with 400 strong, healthy men, had gone out to seek the enemy. Two hundreds, however, had remained behind because they were weary and faint, probably because of some physical infirmity. These David had left behind to guard the camp and the equipment of those who went into the heat of the battle. After the victory had been won, the four hundred who had been active participants in the battle refused to share with those who had remained behind and said, 'We'll give them just a little bit, but we're going to take the spoils.
At this point, David stated the eternal principle in the words of 1 Samuel 30:24, 'As his part is that goeth down to the battle, so shall his part be that tarrieth by the stuff: they shall part alike.'
Those of you who remain by the stuff are not overlooked or forgotten by God: there is a very definite and special reward laid up for God's patient sufferers.
If you, child of God, are upon a bed of illness, if you are being troubled by pain or discouragement, remember that God will always use our suffering for His purposes. Our suffering silences Satan, our suffering enables us to glorify God, our suffering makes us more like Christ, our suffering makes us appreciative, and, ultimately, our suffering teaches us to depend on God.” —Pastor M.R. DeHaan, BROKEN THINGS: WHY WE SUFFER,” page 60; Barbour Publishing, Inc., 1948
I've been at the bottom of life, when there is absolutely NO WHERE TO LOOK EXCEPT UP TO GOD! Brother Lester Roloff was absolutely right, who wisely said:
“A test of a Christian's character is what he does after he comes to the blockade in the road and what his attitude is after everything has left him except Jesus. You will never know down here that Christ is all you need until Christ is all you have left. You will never be able to tell the world for sure that He will do in a crisis unless you learn how to live in a crisis.” —Evangelist Lester Roloff (1914-1982), a quote from the sermon, “How To Go On When You Can't
I have learned the tremendous Bible truth—that God allows me to suffer so I can comfort others who are suffering.

Every Saint Has An Inheritance Waiting For Us In Heaven

Dear reader, if you are saved, as I am, God is our adoption Father. 
Romans 8:14-17, “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.”
Jesus in the only biological (BEGOTTEN) Son of God, but every believer is an ADOPTED Son of God. As such, we have an INHERITANCE with Jesus Christ. Colossians 3:24, “Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.I love that encouraging word and promise from God. Here are some Bible verses on the believer's inheritance: 
Ephesians 1:13-14, “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Ephesians 1:18, “The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Colossians 1:12, “Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 
Hebrews 9:15, “And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 
1st Peter 1:4, “To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
Thank God for my heavenly Father! The Bible says THE GLORY OF CHILDREN ARE THEIR FATHERS!!! May I say, I am so proud of my Father in Heaven! While I was working on my ministry today, as I so often do, I paused and thanked God for using me for His purpose and glory, to be a blessing to others for Christ. I told God that I am proud of Him. That may sound strange, but it's really not if you think about it. If you are saved, God is your spiritual Father, and you are His redeemed child. If you are saved, you are my brother or sister in the Lord, and I love you dearly! John 15:12, “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.” 
The Patient Waiting Of Christ (awesome MP3 by Pastor Jack Hyles)
I am proud to have God for my heavenly Father. He always does the right thing! I get frustrated often with God, praying for a prudent wife that never arrives (Proverbs 19:14). I get discouraged when I listen to the Bible, and I hear about men with a dozen wives, and I don't have one! That discourages me a lot. But I trust the Lord in His wisdom. My circumstances are what they are. I can either become bitter and quit serving God, or stay by the stuff and pray in my affliction for better days. I choose the latter by God's grace!

Jesus Is The Faithful Witness

I am proud of God that He is faithful—always faithful to honor His promises (Titus 1:2), faithful to forgive (1st John 1:9), faithful to provide (Luke 12:6-7), and faithful to His saints (1st Peter 4:19). In Revelation 1:5 Jesus Christ is called: 'THE FAITHFUL WITNESS'!!! The Lord Himself is the ultimate witness of God manifest in the flesh (1st Timothy 3:16).

Jesus sees people's pain
We see people's hardness, but Jesus see their heart;
We see their problems, but Jesus see their potential;
We see the anger on their face, but Jesus sees the anguish inside;
We see people's wickedness, but Jesus sees their hopelessness;
We see their selfishness, but Jesus see their loneliness;
We see their worldliness, but Jesus see their emptiness;
We see their sneers, but Jesus see their soul;
We see their arrogance, but Jesus see their tiredness.

The Lord's Words will be justified in eternity. Matthew 24:35, “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.” Everything that the Lord has spoken in His inspired Word WILL COME TO PASS!!! 
“Failing is not a disgrace unless you make it the last chapter of your book.” —Pastor Jack Hyles

“Did you know that God uses hurtin' people? That's part of the reason why we have to hurt in this world, so we can help other people who hurt.” —Pastor Danny Castle, 'KEEP ON PRAYING' (MP3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why There Is No Love At Pensacola Christian College

Luke 7:40-47, “ And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.  There was a certa...