Sunday, July 19, 2026

Feeling Ignored By God Is A Very Normal Experience

Luke 18:1-8, “And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?”

In the popular 2005 movie, The Island, the following script is heard...
McCord: (makes a reference to God)
Lincoln Six-Echo: Who is God?
McCord: You know when you really want something, you close your eyes and wish for it really hard? God is the guy that ignores you.
I sincerely believe that 100% of viewers can relate to that statement if they are honest. I am 59 years old and if all I had to go on was my prayer life, I would become an atheist. But when I read the inspired King James Bible, I say to myself: “There's no way that men could have written this amazing Book; and if they could have written it, they wouldn't have.” Moreover, the inspired Holy Bible was penned by approximately 40 different men, most of whom never met or knew each other, spoke different languages, coming from various different social backgrounds and education, and spanning a time period of at least 1,500 years. This remarkable manner in which the Holy Bible was given to humanity proves its divine origin.

Furthermore, when I observe and consider the universe, and the uncanny intelligent design in all of creation, I know that there is a God, and He is a good and faithful Creator.

In our text passage of Scripture, Jesus teaches a very important truth that God the Father intentionally ignores us when we pray, “though he bear long with them,” even though we cry day and night unto him” (Luke 18:7). Our importunity in prayer pleases God, because it requires a greater faith to keep petitioning God when he is not answering.

I admit that this bothers me. It bothers me that God ignores me, testing my faith by not answering my prayers how and when I want Him to. What saith the Scripture? Romans 9:20, “Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Who am I (or you) to question how God does things? I choose to trust Him, blindly if need be, trusting the great heart of God when I cannot see the omnipotent hand of God at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

The Biggest Difference Between The Righteous And The Wicked

Proverbs 24:16, “For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.” I love this Bible passag...