Friday, August 28, 2026

Why Does God Allow Evil People To Keep Doing Evil?

Ecclesiastes 8:12-13, “Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him: But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.

Proverbs 16:4-5, “The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evilEvery one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished. The “day of evil” here means judgment.

The Bible teaches that God has made everything for His purpose, including the wicked for the day of judgment. This biblical truth emphasizes that even those who do wrong are part of God's overarching plan, which includes judgment and justice.

Pastor Harry A. Ironside (1876-1951) comments on Proverbs 16:4-5:

All things will result at last in the glory of God. Earth’s long tale of sin and sorrow will eventually result in magnifying His love and His holiness. Those saved by His grace will praise Him forever; but the wicked will also acknowledge His justice in the day of their condemnation. He detests pride; all who walk pridefully will be broken before Him, try as they may to resist His power. They will be declared guilty when He sits on the throne of judgment. How much better to bow in repentance now, while He is on a throne of grace! See His word regarding the judgment of Sodom and Gomorrah (Jude 7; 2 Peter 2:6). SOURCE
I was thinking today why God allows a rebellious wife to make her husband's life miserable, year after year, and there is little or nothing that he can do, except love and pray for his defiant wife.

I thought about wicked King Herod in the Bible, who was a madman. Herod had John the Baptist murdered, as part of a promise gone wrong to Herodias, his niece who danced sensually before him. Why did God allow John (the greatest born among women according to Matthew 11:11) to be so recklessly murdered, a beautiful man killed for no valid reason? By the way, John was martyred for preaching the gospel, but for preaching against the sin of adultery, Herod's adultery with his brother's wife. Preaching the truth can get you killed!

I could mention the contemptible name of thousands of wicked people in the world today, who hurt other people. Russian President Vladimir Putin comes to mind. That man is a liar! His word means absolutely nothing. The same can be said of that lunatic madman Kim Jong Un in North Korea, who murdered his own brother to protect his tyrannical reign of power. Why does God allow such evil men to continue murdering millions of victims?

I am comforted to know that God sees everything, and has promised to hold all men accountable for every deed, whether it be good or evil. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Ecclesiastes 5:8, “If thou seest the oppression of the poor, and violent perverting of judgment and justice in a province, marvel not at the matter: for he that is higher than the highest regardeth; and there be higher than they.” Nothing escapes the eyes of God.

Ecclesiastes 8:12-13, “Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him: But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God. Dear reader, no one is going to escape God's wrath and justice!!!

Hebrews 4:13, “Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.” There will be justice!!!

Life is truly a test for every human being. We are all being tested by God. A faith must be tested. When all is said and done, and life's journey is over, we will understand it finally.
“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” —Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
1st Corinthians 13:12, “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”

I admit that it does little to solace my grieving heart concerning all the horrible evil happening in the world today, to learn from the Holy Bible that it is all a part of God's big plan. That is very frustrating. I mean, when a monster attacks a little child, and God lets it happen, the Bible says that He made the wicked for the day of judgment. That doesn't make sense to me. That being said, who am I to judge and question God? He is the Potter, I am the clay. Isaiah 64:8,“But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.” I exclaim with broken Job in Job 13:15, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

Every human being at some point in life will have to decide to either place God on trial, or blindly trust Him. The inspired Scripture tells us not to lean upon our own frail human understanding, and I think that is the key to living the Christian life. Proverbs 3:5-7, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. The heathen world make the dire mistake of leaning upon their own flawed sinful human understanding.

We can no more understand God, than we can understand how Jesus spoke the universe into existence by the mere power of His Word (2nd Peter 3:5; John 1:1-3, 14). Scientists tell us now that the James Web Space Telescope (JWST) has so far discovered at least 2 TRILLION galaxies (not stars, galaxies). When the Nancy Grace Roman Space Telescope (NGRST) launches in September of 2026, for an exciting 5-year mission to take an inventory of the universe, I am confident that it will discover 20 TRILLION galaxies or more!!!

Dear reader, have faith in God (Mark 11:22). Don't foolishly try to understand something that wasn't meant for you or anyone else to understand, not in this lifetime at least. Just settle it in your soul once and for all that God is good (Psalm 145:9), faithful (1st Corinthians 1:9), honest (Titus 1:2), and He cares (1st Peter 5:7).

I don't know precisely why God allows evil people to get away with their crimes. I really don't. But I vaguely do know it has something to do with the Lord's grand plan for humanity. To me it's kind of like a painter. To paint a picture, you need to start with a blank canvas, and then use different colors to create contrast to form an image. If all you had was yellow paint, you couldn't create an image, because it would all be yellow.

This is why the Apostle Paul beautifully said in 1st Corinthians 11:19, “For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. We need false prophets! We need them to provide contrast, so that faithful preachers who are learned in the Scripture can tell THE TRUTH, using those heretics as a canvas upon which to paint THE TRUTH. Amen! I like that biblical illustration.

So, without evil people, how would we contrast the righteous? If we lived in a world without evil, how would we recognize righteousness? This is a profound concept, but a biblical one, and I humbly think it helps explain why God allows evil people to continue doing evil. Thankfully, their days are numbered, and their day of reckoning is soon coming. We are already on the winning side through faith in Jesus Christ. ...
1st John 4:4-5, “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Why Does God Allow Evil People To Keep Doing Evil?

Ecclesiastes 8:12-13, “ Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with th...