Tuesday, July 21, 2026

It Is Rare To Find Somebody Who Really Cares Anymore

2nd Corinthians 7:9-12, “Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter. Wherefore, though I wrote unto you, I did it not for his cause that had done the wrong, nor for his cause that suffered wrong, but that our care for you in the sight of God might appear unto you.”

2nd Corinthians 8:16, “But thanks be to God, which put the same earnest care into the heart of Titus for you.”

1st Samuel 24:12, “The LORD judge between me and thee, and the LORD avenge me of thee: but mine hand shall not be upon thee.”

These are remarkable passages of Scriptures. In 2nd Corinthians 7:9-12, the Apostle Paul sharply rebuked the church at Corinthians over numerous problems in their midst. Paul said that he didn't write his letter on behalf of anyone; but rather, to show that he cared. I encourage you to listen to this beautiful sermon from 1987 by Pastor Jack Hyles (1926-2001), in which you can clearly hear why I love Brother Hyles so much and listen to his wisdom. ...

Who Cares Anyway?
(Pastor Jack Hyles)

Here are some inspiring life changing quotes from the sermons:
“I sometimes wonder if there's any love left.” —Dr. Jack Hyles, “Who Cares Anyway?

“If you have one person in this world, one, in or out of your family, who really cares for you; and will care for you when you mistreat them, and will care for you when you cannot give them a thing; if you have one person who cares for you with Bible care, you're above average.” —Pastor Jack Hyles, “Who Cares Anyway?

“If you really care about one person, you're above average.” —Pastor Jack Hyles, “Who Cares Anyway?

“Our trouble is we only love those who appeal to our senses.” —Pastor Jack Hyles, “Who Cares Anyway?
I admit that I felt convicted yesterday while listening to this sermon. I haven't always turned the other cheek when someone did me wrong, threw me under the bus, or deliberately hurt my feelings. People can be so cruel. Sadly, Christians can be as horrible as the heathen world. I have been deeply hurt and done wrong by numerous ungodly pastors and their wives. It is in our sinful human nature to want to get back at the people who hurt us, to retaliate, to seek revenge. I am just as guilty as you are—as we all are at times.
Father, please help me to do better from day to day; to emulate your only begotten Son Jesus in my thoughts and behavior.
I learned a long time ago as a fundamentalist Bible preacher that there's a fine line between faith and foolishness. There's a fine line between preaching what is right and against sin, versus attacking people and making matters personal. Sometimes it gets confusing and become hard to sort through our own feelings.

In fact, since I am a caring person with a tender heart, sometimes I have difficulty discerning between my feelings and my Bible preaching. I tend to feel guilty about many things, from a humble heart. I feel unworthy to eat a nice meal in a restaurant. I feel like God doesn't want to be around a guy like me. I know that those are just feelings, which can be deceptive; not reality. So, I have a troublesome tendency to be too hard on myself, and if I'm not careful I can become down and discouraged easily.

We are taught repeatedly throughout the inspired Scripture that vengeance belongs to the Lord, and that we shouldn't avenge ourselves (Romans 12:19-21). To do that is easier said than done, I know; but God wouldn't command us to do something impossible.

Throughout human civilization people in general have been uncaring and selfish. Things haven't changed in 2,000 years. Philippians 2:20, “For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.” Things haven't changed in 3,000 years. Psalm 142:4, I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. In lieu of today's amazing new technologies, selfish human nature hasn't changed over thousands of years.

If you don't care, but want to start caring, then you need to plan time to think about whatever or whoever it is that you want to start caring about. Luke 12:34, “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Our human heart follows our treasure. That is, our feelings and love will follow our investments, where we spend out time, money, prayers and resources.

In American society today, people don't invest in each other anymore. We are so busy living our individual lives that we don't care about anybody except ourselves. I speak to the shame of 99% of today's Bible colleges and churches. One man can make a difference! You show me any group or church that cares about people, and I guarantee you that the man in charge cares, and his influence is leading his followers to show love, concern and compassion.

As we draw nearer to the end times Tribulation, I am often reminded of what Jesus said in Matthew 24:12, “And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.” The daily evening news is rife with heinous crimes, government and local corruption, police brutality, public unrest, economic woes, senseless acts of violence and selfishness, war, et cetera. Hardly anybody trusts anybody anymore. The world has always been a wicked and ugly place (1st John 5:19). It is rare to find somebody who really cares anymore.

By God's grace, I want to be a caring person. Since I started my Jesus-is-Savior.com website ministry back in April of 2002, I have never made a single penny. My long time ministry friend Pastor Max D. Younce (1935-2023) mailed me a check for $200 many years ago, but I never cashed it. I kindly mailed it back to him with a 5-page thank you letter. I have had hundreds of kind web visitors over the years offer to give me donations for my labors for Christ, but I have always declined with gratitude. My ministry is a work of love for God, people and truth.
“If you really care about one person, you're above average.” —Pastor Jack Hyles, “Who Cares Anyway?”
We've all met our share of rotten selfish people in our lifetime. I sure have, many of them pastors. I try not to focus on people, lest I become bitter and discouraged. The Scripture tells us in Hebrews 12:2 to LOOK TO JESUS, who is the Author and Finisher of our Christian faith.

We are all selfish by nature. The Bible tells us that Jesus thought about OTHERS instead of Himself. Philippians 2:3-5, “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.” If you and I want the mind of Christ, then we need to get out of the self life. We need to start thinking about OTHERS, and how we can help and be a blessing to the people in our life. The Bible tells us as saints to have Christ's mind in us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It Is Rare To Find Somebody Who Really Cares Anymore

2nd Corinthians 7:9-12, “Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godl...