Thursday, May 9, 2024

You Don't Have To Be Afraid To Die

John 11:12, “And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”

Many people are afraid of dying. I was astonished when I learned that heathen people are paying $140,000 to have cryonics companies like Alcor, freeze their body upside down in liquid nitrogen after they die. The hope is that when technology advances that Alcor will be able to cone a new body and reunite the thoughts, memories and feelings of the brain with that new body. Dear reader, Alcor is conning people! Mankind will never be able to reverse death. Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

No one can escape or reverse the death process. Everything born living is also dying. How long we live depends upon chance and how much we fight to live (i.e., maintain good health). But even though we all must die a physical death, we don't need to die twice. The old adage is true: If you're born once, you die twice; if you're born twice, you die once. Jesus exclaimed in John 3:3b, “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Have you been born again dear friend?

This past week I was looking at the things that I own in my living room. The somber realization crossed my mind that everything I was looking at will return to the dust one day. Everything that we see around us in our homes came from the earth. The metal in our possessions was mined from ore in the earth. The wood came from trees that were cut down, tress which grew slowly over time from the earth. The objects made of plastic came from chemicals derived from the Periodic Table of Elements from the earth.

Everything that we see around us will someday return to the ground from which it came, including our human body. That is a humbling thought. I don't know about you dear friend, but I THANK GOD with all my soul for the precious blood of Jesus Christ that washed away all my sins. We are all horrible hell-deserving sinners! That includes you and me. But if you put your childlike trust in Jesus Christ because of what He has already done to pay for your sins, you will instantly have eternal life. You can KNOW that you are going to Heaven (1st John 5:13).

Life is short, Hell is hot and eternity is a long time. We've heard a lot in the news lately about the Middle East, concerning the never-ending conflict between the Arabs and the Jews. Something that makes me sad is that BOTH the Arabs and the Jews are 98% non-Christians. Go check and see online and you can confirm that less than 2% of Jews and Palestinians profess faith in Jesus, and that includes all the cults. That means at least 98% of the Jews and Arabs in Palestine are going to Hell forever when they die. That is tragic and sad. What did Jesus say? Luke 13:23-24, “Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.”

I cannot get saved for you. I cannot force anyone to be saved, nor would I, for God Himself will not force Himself upon anyone. If you go to Heaven someday in the future, it will only be because you willingly of your own freewill chose Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. I received Jesus as my personal Savior at age 13. I have never regretted my decision, but I have been persecuted much since I got saved, because I lived for Christ (2nd Timothy 3:12).

I heard a great truth today preached by Pastor Jack Hyles. The sermon is titled, “Don't Be Afraid To Die.” Ladies and gentlemen, there is absolutely no reason for the child of God to fear dying. If you are unsaved, then you have much to fear. Hebrews 10:31, “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.” If you are saved and right with God as His child, then you have nothing to fear when you leave this world.

I heard another great truth today from Pastor Jack Hyles, in a sermon titled: “The Secret To A Happy Old Life.” I hope you will take the time to hear this wonderful sermon. I love Bible preaching! We all need preaching to help us think right. Dr. Hyles preached this sermon as an old man at age 74, still happy and excited about God's work, right before he graduated to Heaven in 2001. The sermon was almost like a goodbye message. Brother Hyles shares some great wisdom in this sermon. One day when you get old, you will either say: I'm glad I did, or I wish I had.” Young people, listen to the fundamentalist Bible preacher!
“Find what God wants you to do and do it!” —Pastor Jack Hyles, 'The Secret To A Happy Old Life'

“Don't you ever let your guard down!” —Pastor Jack Hyles, 'When You Have To Stand Alone In The Midst Of Them That Stand Alone'
I cannot encourage you enough to listen to Bible preaching daily. I'm not talking about all the neo-evangelical garbage today that you'll hear on the radio. I'm talking about Pastor Jack Hyles! Brother Hyles asked his secretary for a list of all his recent appointments for the previous few months. Pastor Hyles found that of 140 counseling appointments with members of his church, 135 of them could have been avoided if people would simply listen to his sermons. That was a startling realization. I often think of this fact which Brother Hyles shared with us, and it compels me to listen to lots of Bible preaching.

Now, you won't be edified in the Lord if you listen to neo-evangelical preachers who are dry, dull, spiritually dead and shallow. We all need fundamentalist Bible preaching from soulwinning preachers! I'm talking about inspired King James Bible only preaching!!! Most of the bad things we do in life are not bad things in themselves, but we do them at the wrong time. God has a proper timing for everything.

Our children are growing up too quickly today. We need to let kids get back to being kids. No grade school girl should be wearing high heels, makeup and a wig. No teenage boy should be married. The Devil wants to turn everything upside down. He wants to make everything backwards. He wants to pervert and confuse youth today. I heard another great sermon today by Dr. Jack Hyles titled, “Tarry In Jericho Until Your Beards Be Grown.

I am 57 years old. I am now entering the last phase of my life on earth. If I live to be 70 years old, I have almost 13 years remaining. If I live to Dr. Hyles' age when he went to Heaven, I have almost 17 years remaining. Life is short! The $64,000 question is: Are you ready to meet your Maker? I am dear friend, and I hope you are too.
Heaven is a wonderful place,
filled with glory and grace;
I want to see my Savior's face,
Heaven is a wonderful place.

Hear this song on piano

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Knows Everything We Think, Say And Do

Psalms 139:1-6, “O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.  Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought ...