Tuesday, October 24, 2023

God Doesn't Miss A Thing

Job 14:16, “For now thou numberest my steps: dost thou not watch over my sin?

Job 31:4, “Doth not he see my ways, and count all my steps?

I was listening yesterday to the Old Testament book of Job. I love hearing Alexander Scourby (1913-1985) read the King James Bible. In his lifetime, Alexander read over 400 books so that blind people could benefit from hearing them. In my humble opinion, the crowning accomplishment of Scourby's life was his reading of the inspired King James Bible.

The Book Of Job Read By Alexander Scourby

As I was listening to Job today, the following Scripture caught my attention. Job 14:16, “For now thou numberest my steps: dost thou not watch over my sin? Wow! I had never noticed that Bible verse that before. I already knew from Matthew 10:29-20 that the very hairs of our head are numbered by God, but I didn't know that also He counts our steps. Job reasoned that if God counts our very steps, do you think that He has missed our sins?

Hebrews 4:13, “Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Romans 14:10-12 warns that we must all someday give account to God. Jesus warned in Matthew 12:36, “But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.” Wow! In eternity God is going to hold all mankind accountable, as individuals, even for our wasted words. When we could have seasoned our words with grace and witnessed to somebody with the Gospel, but we chose rather to remain silent about it and make small talk instead, God will hold us accountable and require the blood of that lost sinner upon our hands. You and I dear friend may be the only Jesus that somebody knows. If we don't share the truth of how to get to Heaven with them, then who will?

Job 31:4, “Doth not he see my ways, and count all my steps? The omniscient eyes of the Lord are upon the evil and the good. God doesn't miss a thing! Carefully read the following passage from the Old Testament, concerning David...
Psalms 139:1-6, “O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
God knows our every thought, word and deed. God is the keeper of our soul. ...
Proverbs 24:2, “If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?
Now I don't know about you, but I want to be completely honest and transparent with God, so as to not live in denial and deceive myself. You cannot deceive God. Job 14:16, “For now thou numberest my steps: dost thou not watch over my sin? Our every step is numbered by God. Nothing ever occurs to God. The Lord has no need to be reminded of anything, because He is omniscient (all-knowing).

Scientists tell us that so far they have discovered 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars. That's six sextillion stars!!! Did you know that it would take a human being 2 years just to count to one billion? Dear reader, in fact, you couldn't count to six sextillion in 1,000,000 lifetimes!!! That is how high a number there are stars in the universe. And yet, the Bible says that God calls each and every star by their name. Psalms 147:4, “He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.” God's greatness is truly unsearchable. Psalms 145:3, “Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.”

One day all things will be revealed. Everyone's secret sins, and secret good deed done, your time spent laboring in private for Christ, will all be made openly known in eternity. Mark 4:22, “For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad. That compels me to live in such a way that I have nothing to be ashamed of if the world saw my hidden life. Amen. That is why my favorite Bible verse is Proverbs 4:23, “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

God doesn't miss a thing friend. He sees all. God knows the number of hairs upon your head. He numbers your steps and knows everything about you, even things that you don't see. I don't know how many hairs are upon my head. I don't know how many steps I have taken today. Albeit, I thank God for what hair I have left. And I thank God that I have legs and feet to walk. God is so very good to us all. What a wonderful God and Savior!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Didn't Want To Go With The Hebrews

Exodus 33:1-3, “ And the LORD said unto Moses, Depart, and go up hence, thou and the people which thou hast brought up out of the land of Eg...