Sunday, December 25, 2022

Be Not Envious of The Wicked

Psalms 37:1-3, “Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquityFor they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.”

Psalms 73:3, “For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.”

I admit that I have often felt FOMO (Feelings Of Missing Out). Like millions of other hobbyist musicians, I envy the musical artists who tour the world, singing and playing musical instruments together, enjoying the good life. I have always wished that I could have been in a band and cheered people's hearts with beautiful music.

Although I have never been a fan of the rock band KISS, I somewhat admire Paul Stanley in the band. I follow his Twitter channel just to see what he is up to. I have an interest in reading the biographies of famous people, particularly musicians. I just like the way he plays guitar, carries himself in public and how he expresses his opinions on Twitter, et cetera. For a man that is now 70 years old (born in 1952), Paul still looks amazingly young. ...

Paul Stanley of the rock band KISS in 2022

I spend most of my time working hard on my website ministry. I sometimes envy these fellas who tour the world, playing music for millions of people, wining and dining and enjoying the splendors and pleasures of this temporary life. Compared to those guys I don't have much of a life. But dear reader, life is indeed very temporary. What shall a man give in exchange for his soul? What saith the Scripture? ...
1st John 2:15-17, “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Sadly, Paul Stanley is not a born-again Christian. Neither is band lead singer Gene Simmons (real name: Chaim Witz). Both of these men are Jewish in their faith, meaning that they both reject Jesus Christ as their Savior. My moments of envy quickly fade away into the realization that my name is written in Heaven in the Lamb's Book of Life, but Paul Stanley's name is not as a a child of the Devil. That makes me sad, because I love people and don't want anyone to burn in the fires of Hell forever.

I love all kinds of music. As a musician myself, I admire musicians. Lately I've been overwhelmed with getting settled in Pensacola. I've been battling depression, which I suffered all my adult life. I have joy in the Lord, and peace in Jesus, but I am lonely often without a wife, and sad. God willing, I hope to get back into my music at some time in the future. It's just that right now I don't feel like making music, I feel like working harder than ever on my website ministry for Christ (1st Corinthians 3:7-8).

I play most stringed instruments. I love pedal steel guitar, lap steel and 5-string banjo. I started playing guitar at age 15. One of my favorite artists is Tommy Immanuel. I love this guitar arrangement by Chet Atkins, played here by Tommy. The song is called: Windbreaker 57. There are lots of free tablatures online how to play the song. I love and thank God for music!!!

A KISS band fan named Lori Mullins wrote a sad comment:
“I admire how you [Paul Stanley] have encouraged your children to embrace different faiths. And by the way, that is a beautiful menorah. Happy Hanukkah!”

That is the Devil talking. The inspired Word of God is very clear that salvation can be found only in the name of Jesus. John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” Sadly, Paul Stanley does not believe in Jesus as his personal Savior. Therefore, Scripturally speaking, Paul is an atheist. Anybody who denies that Jesus is almighty God is an atheist. Sadly, if Paul died today he would plunge into the fiery depths of an eternal Hell. I am not happy about that. The Lord is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (a change of mind) to be saved (2nd Peter 3:9). God wants everyone to go to Heaven, but He won't force anyone.

Although I sometimes wish I could travel the world and play music with other musicians, I do not envy unsaved men like Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, who will split Hell wide open when they breathes their last dying breath someday. Again, I say that with sadness because like God, I don't want anyone to perish in their sin of unbelief (2nd Peter 3:9). 2nd Timothy 2:13, “If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.”

Psalms 73:3, “For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.” David became envious of the prosperity of the wicked. Dear friend, if you have Jesus as your Savior, you have something worth more than all the wealth, fame and pleasures that this world could ever offer you!!! One soul saved is worth more than all the gold in the world. Computer genius Steve Jobs (1955-2011) when he died at only age 56, left behind a whopping estate worth $10,200,000,000. Wow! That's a lot of cheddar! Just like the Bible warns in 1st Timothy 6:8, Steve Jobs couldn't take even a single penny of his amassed fortune with him into eternity.

I admit that I have become envious at times, when watching a documentary of such famous bands as, The Beatles. The groups has composed and recorded at least 140 iconic songs. Paul McCartney and John Lennon are musical geniuses. George Harrison was also an amazing song writer, singer and musician. I marvel sometimes how those four lads came together and stormed the world with their music. Yet, what will it all matter in eternity? Where is George Harrison right now? There is no way that he could have gone to Heaven without Jesus as his Savior.

Sadly, Gorge worshipped Hara Krishna, evidenced by his iconic song: 'My Sweet Lord.' I have no doubt whatsoever that George, despite being a tremendous friendly person, went to Hell forever without Jesus as His Savior. No one has ever gone to Heaven who refused to personally place their hope and trust in God's only begotten Son, the Christ John 20:31, “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.” No one, no matter how morally good or generous and kind a soul, can go to Heaven unless they have received Jesus as their personal Savior.

Where is John Lennon right now? I simply do not know. For a time John did profess to be a Christian. But was he a born-again Christian, or a Christian in name only? We just don't know. Paul McCartney has made it fairly clear that he has no faith in the God of the Holy Bible. With all his $1.2 Billion in accumulated wealth, what else could Paul ever need? Unfortunately for Paul, the Bible warns in 1st Timothy 6:7-8 that no man can take a penny of his wealthy past the grave. Paul will leave this earthly life naked with exactly what he came into it with, nothing.

When I think about these spiritual truths, I jump up and down with joy, knowing that my name is recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life in Heaven (Luke 10:20). Hallelujah! Praise God! I wouldn't trade my new birth in Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit of God for the universe!!! I got gloriously converted at age 13, by simply putting my childlike faith in Jesus as the crucified, buried and risen Christ. The only reason I am going to Heaven when I die, is because of what Jesus has already done to pay for my sins through Calvary' cross. Nothing I have ever done, am doing now, or will do in the future will help grant my the right to enter into God's Kingdom. JESUS PAID IT ALL!!! This is the proper mindset of a true child of God, that Jesus paid it all and I have nothing to do with saving myself, other than to cease from my own works and rest completely in Christ.

So if you ever start to envy the wicked for all their wealth, pleasures and fame in this sinful world, just realize that you have something infinitely greater as a redeemed child of God. One millions years from now where will The Beatles be? Where will KISS be? Where will Judas be? Where will Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and Elon Musk be (who are all agnostic atheists)? The Bible teaches that they will all be burning in the never-ending Lake of Fire, prepared for the Devil and his angels. The GOOD NEWS is that you don't have to go there to join them. There is still hope if you are reading this dear friend. Please read, 'The Simple Gospel.'

I do still sometimes feel envious toward famous celebrities who own homes in multiple places. I'd love to own a house on the Hawaiian island of Oahu, so I can play my Hawaiian steel guitar there. I'd also love to own another house near the Rocky Mountain Range in Colorado. There are some beautiful mountain towns, where I have always wanted to own a house and live there. Only rich people can afford such luxuries in life. I am just an average guy surviving from paycheck to paycheck. Perhaps during the 1,000 year Millennium when the Lord is King of all the earth, and we reign with Him (Revelation 20:6), He will grant my heart's desires. But until then, I am content as 1st Timothy 6:6 teaches God's children should be, “But godliness with contentment is great gain.Little is much when God is in it. Proverbs 15:16, “Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.”

Inventor Elon Musk has a net worth of over $250,000,000,000, yet he is agnostic, not sure if there is a God. Elon doesn't believe in Jesus Christ as his Savior. That is so sad. Perhaps if he did, Elon would abandon his insane project to colonize the planet Mars with humans by the year 2050. Perhaps he would take that waste of money, and use it instead to help solve world poverty and homelessness in the United States; or perhaps make dental care more affordable for Americans. Who cares about colonizing another planet? Atheists and agnostics say and do the darndest things! I do not envy these wicked people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Backsliding?

Proverbs 14:14, “The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.” Do you know wha...