Monday, September 26, 2022

Why I Am Concerned About The Direction Of Paul Chappell

The following needful article was authored by one of my favorite preachers, Pastor Bob Gray Sr. on February 19, 2019 on his 'SOLVE CHURCH PRPOBLEMS' website:
There is a very simple principle most people too often ignore. The principle is this: Direction determines destination.

Many, many people have contacted me with a concern regarding places where Paul Chappell is scheduled to preach and men with whom he is preaching. In particular he is scheduled in May of this year to speak at a Southern Baptist Convention church on the program with many non-fundamental preachers. I, along with others, am concerned about his decision to preach with these men. Remember, direction determines destination.

Perhaps the men with whom he is preaching are, for the most part, good men. They love America and have a burden for the direction this country is taking. I understand that. I am not arguing that these are evil men. My concern is that they are not fundamental men. Most of them do not use the King James Bible nor would they agree with many of our important positions. Many are members of the Southern Baptist Convention. I do not hate the Southern Baptist Convention. I am concerned with its continued movement towards Calvinism and corrupt Bible versions. Remember, direction determines destination.

Many years ago Jerry Falwell changed direction. Today Thomas Road Baptist Church and Liberty University are in no way fundamental in their positions. They have moved away from what we believe. At the time many of us were concerned with the direction Dr. Falwell was moving.

Once when I was preaching with Dr. Jack Hyles, I preached hard against Dr. Falwell’s move away from fundamentalism. After the service we were driving back to the hotel and I noticed Dr. Hyles was weeping. I asked him why. His response is one I will never forget. He said, “Dr. Gray I agree with everything you said regarding the direction Jerry is taking. I know it needs to be said. But I still love Jerry.” Dr. Hyles loved Jerry Falwell, but he understood that direction determines destination.

To attack a direction a man is moving is not to attack everything about the man. I am certain that Paul Chappell is doing some good with his ministry. My concern is that just as men followed Jerry Falwell out of fundamentalism, others today will follow Paul Chappell, if he continues to move away from the traditional fundamentalists positions. For me not to warn others of this danger would be cowardly. It is my responsibility to speak out, not to hurt a man, but to warn others of the direction the man is taking.

Paul Chappell is moving in the wrong direction. Because of his success many are following him. I warn you brethren, direction determines destination.

I have no ax to grind with Paul Chappell. If he decided to return to the old fashion fundamentalism, which we’ve been fighting for decades, I would embrace him and applaud him. I can think of nothing that would please me more than to be able to define Paul Chappell as an old-fashioned, rock-ribbed, independent, fundamental, Baptist preacher. Unfortunately I don’t see that as a possibility at this point. I will pray for Paul Chappell as I hope many of you will also do. I will pray that he will change his direction and return to his roots. If not, I can do nothing less than to warn those who follow him that direction determines destination. SOURCE

Sadly, although unintentional, Dr. Bob Gray's excellent article in defense of Ecclesiastical Separation is not being violated by his own son, Pastor Scott Gray. Everyone who has been saved for any length of time knows that Pastor John MacArthur is an unsaved cult leader. Mr. MacArthur denies that children can be saved, denies that Jesus' actual blood is sprinkled on the heavenly Mercy Seat, denies that faith alone is sufficient to save a lost sinner, et cetera. The Holy Bible warns in 2nd John 1:11, “For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.” Yet, Pastor Paul Chappell wickedly bids Godspeed to John MacArthur, refusing to rebuke him sharply for his damnable Calvinist junk theology.

And then Pastor Scott Gray wickedly hobnobs with Paul Chappell. It is apostasy!!! Dear reader, RIGHT DOCTRINE MATTERS!!! Titus 1:13-15, “This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.” Sadly, as long as wimpy pastors wickedly support and refuse to expose compromisers [like Scott Gray, Jeff Redlin and Timothy Zacharias at Pensacola Christian College), Paul Chappell (West Coast Bible College), and thousands more rotten clergy], things can only deteriorate in our churches, which unfortunately are adversely influenced by these accursed corrupt Bible colleges, that produce theologically incompetent graduates to ruin the churches. We are living in perilous times of woeful apostasy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Backsliding?

Proverbs 14:14, “The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.” Do you know wha...