Friday, December 31, 2021

The Bible Only Teaches "Easy-Believism"

2nd Corinthians 11:3-4, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

The following wonderful words are written by Pastor Jack Hyles (1926-2001), from chapter 12 of his helpful book: "Enemies Of Soul Winning." Chapter 12 is titled: "Lifestyle Evangelism: An Enemy Of Soul Winning"...

To be quite frank, I do not know what "easy-believism" means, but I do believe in "believism." Look at some of the Bible conversions; for example, the conversion of the Ethiopian eunuch. In Acts 8:36, the eunuch asked, "What doth hinder me to be baptized?" In verse 37, Philip said, "If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest." Later on in verse 37, the eunuch said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." In verse 38 he was baptized. This, my friend, is believism-the only way a person can be saved.

Now notice the conversion of the Philippian jailor in Acts 16. In verse 30, the question is plainly asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" In verse 31, it is answered plainly, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." This, my friend, is believism.

Now read Acts 4:4 where 5,000 men were saved by believing. "Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand." This, my friend, is believism.

Look down to Acts 4:32, "And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common." Notice that those who were saved were those who believed. This, my friend, is believism.

Now notice Acts 8:13, "Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done." Simon believed and was baptized. This, my friend, is believism.

Now turn to Acts 10:45, "And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost." These Jews believed and were saved. This, my friend, is believism.

Now read Acts 11:17, "Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was, I that I could withstand God?" Notice the words, "who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ." This, my friend, is believism.

Now turn to Acts 11:21, "And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord." It says a great number believed and turned to the Lord. This, my friend, is believism.

Now read Acts 18:8, "And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized." Crispus was saved by believing, and many of the Corinthians were saved by believing, and they were immediately baptized. This, my friend, is believism.

Now turn to the following passages in John 3. John 3:15, "That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:18, "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:36, "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." All of these, my friend, are believism.

The word "believe" is the Greek word which means "to depend upon" or "to roll up on." It means faith. What it means is trust. As this chapter is being dictated, I am on a 737 jet, flying to Chicago; in fact, we are close to making our approach at this time. I am totally relying on this airplane to get me to Chicago. That is believism. I believe it will get me there, and I am trusting it to do so. I am sitting in a seat on that airplane. All of my weight is now on this seat. I have just lifted my feet from the floor. I am trusting this seat to hold me up. When a person realizes he is a sinner, realizes he is lost, realizes Jesus has paid the price for his sins and was raised from the dead after three days and three nights, and relies upon that Saviour because of what He did to save him, he is saved! That, my friend, is believism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Backsliding?

Proverbs 14:14, “The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.” Do you know wha...