Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Acts 16:30-31 Proclaims The Simplicity That Is In Christ

Acts 16:30b-31, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”

I marvel how multitudes of corrupt preachers today have made God's simple plan of salvation so utterly complicated. In our text passage we find one of the simplest explanations of the plan of salvation in the Bible. The Roman jailor asked the Apostle Paul a very direct question. The jailor wanted to know how to be saved. Acts 16:30b-31, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?Let the Apostle's simple response forever silence the foolishness of the Bob Jones University camp, who have turned Calvinist in recent decades to their own destruction. Acts 16:30b-31, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.” The Apostle simply said to BELIEVE on Christ. There is no mention of repenting and turning away from your sins.

If this were so, then when asked by the Roman jailor what must be done to be saved, Paul would have said so in Acts 16:31, but he didn't. Acts 16:30b-31, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.” If something more than believing were necessary to be saved, then Paul would have said so. Dear reader, this is so important that you understand this. We've got a bunch of ignorant pastors nowadays who are preaching a perverse gospel that requires you to repent of your sins to be saved. Is that what Paul said in Acts 16:31? No, the Apostle Paul simply said to BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!

Although they are not the same thing theologically, they are one and the same event. The man who believes has repented, and the man who repents has believed. A soulwinner ought never bring up repentance while witnessing the Gospel to them, unless you explain clearly what repentance means. I never bring it up to avoid confusing people. But in simplest terms, repentance is simply the admission that one is a guilty sinner in the sight of a holy God. A person must know what they are being saved from. The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). 

Please keep in mind that the Apostle Paul didn't mention repentance in Acts 16:31. The Roman jailor asked a very direct question: SIRS, WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED??? The answer was very clear: BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!!! Let's keep it simple. Did you see anything about persevering to run the race until the end (which is what Steve Pettit heretically teaches)? I didn't. Did you see anything in Acts 16:31 about living a lifestyle of repentance (which is what Ray Comfort heretically preaches)? I didn't. Did you see anything about turning away from a lifestyle of sinning (which is what Marty Herron heretically preaches)? I didn't.

Did you see anything in Acts 16:31 about living the Christian life to prove the genuineness of the reality of your faith (which is what Chuck Phelps heretically preaches)? I didn't. Dear friend, how do all these bizarre extra-Biblical requirements compare to the simplicity that we just read in Acts 16:30-31? Romans 3:4, “God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

I don't know who reads my blogs. I don't get paid to do this. I have labored diligently night and day for the past 19 years since 2002 for Christ. I have never received a single penny for my ministry. I do what I do as a labor of love for God, truth and people!!! I don't know who reads my blogs, but I sincerely hope and pray that God will burn the truth into someone's heart out there, so that you'll continue my work and take the mantle to help preach THE TRUTH.

I get so frustrated that so few saints of God get upset these days over falsehoods, false doctrine, false Bibles, false teachers, false gospels, false Christs, false churches and false preachers. Everywhere I turn all I find are money-minded pastors who refuse to take a stand against anything! They are serving their belly and not the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 16:17-18). Jesus warned in Luke 16:13 that NO MAN can serve God and mammon (money). Pastor after pastor whom I meet in the shameful Pensacola Christian College (PCC) camp are yellowbellied cowards, refusing to take a Biblical stand against the damned Bob Jones University cult today.

Sinful compromise with neo-evangelicalism is the bridge that destroys fundamentalism! PCC is on the same road to apostasy as BJU because they tolerate them. The next generation will embrace them!!! SHAME on Campus Church at Pensacola Christian College for not standing against the evil Bob Jones camp today with their Satanic “Lordship salvation, Devil's Bibles and misunderstood repentance that perverts the grace of God. I care! Do you care? The PCC camp couldn't care less because they are raking in millions of dollars in revenues! Truly, the love of money is the root of all evil (1st Timothy 6:8-11).

Acts 16:30b-31, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.” You won't find a simpler passage of Scripture outlining the wonderful plan of salvation than Acts 16:30-31. All that God requires for salvation is that a person BELIEVE the Good News of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus died on the cross for your sins and mine oh sinner! Christ was buried and three days later He miraculously resurrected from the dead. This is the GOOD NEWS (the Gospel): Christ crucified, buried and risen for you and me! Simply BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be instantly, irrevocably and eternally saved!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Satanists Control The United States

Revelation 17:9-11, “ And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.  And there ar...