Tuesday, August 17, 2021

I Have Never Worked On My Website Ministry

Ecclesiastes 12:14, For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Matthew 10:42, And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.” John 9:4, I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.” 1st Corinthians 3:8, Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

“Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” —Mark Twain

I love my work! I absolutely love my ministry work. In the year 2002 I was like a pregnant woman in labor. Like Jeremiah the prophet, the Word of God was as fire burning in my soul and I needed to PREACH!!! Jeremiah 20:9b, “But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.” Jeremiah was itching to preach! The prophet had become discouraged from persecution. Jeremiah 20:7b, I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.” I probably receive more hate mail than any preacher in cyberspace. I just give it all to Jesus, “For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God” (Colossians 3:3). That is why I don't try to defend myself, because my critics are attacking Jesus according to Matthew 25:40b, “Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” My life is hid with Christ in God. Amen and amen.

Jeremiah had stopped preaching for a time. Ah, but the eternal truths of the Word of God burned in the prophet's soul as a California forest fire! The ole boy couldn't take it anymore and jumped up with his Bible in hand and started preaching. Thus saith the Lord!!! I love preaching. I have to do it. Like a fish needs water, and a bird needs to fly, I must preach the truth!!! Thank God that He called me before I was conceived to be a preacher of the Gospel. 

Gratefully to God, Since 2002 when I began my website ministry, I have never felt like I worked on it. God only knows how many tens of thousands of hours I have labored diligently over the past 19 years. I can confidently say that I have spent at least 50 hours a week on average labouring online for the past 19 years! I labor 7 days a week, night and day. My record marathon of laboring online is 40 hours straight! I couldn't sleep and my heart burned, so I just worked my heart out, praising the Lord for the opportunity to be able do so! As the shepherd boy David said when the Philistine giant Goliath defied the God of Israel: “IS THERE NOT A CAUSE?” (an awesome sermon by Pastor Jack Hyles). I love laboring for God. This is not work to me, it is enjoyable. I love helping people! I love laboring for the King of kings!!!

Dear friend, we serve a God Who is more than amazing. Not only does God freely offer eternal life to whosoever wants it, simply for the taking by childlike faith; but God also offers us a wonderful incentive to lay up for ourselves treasures in Heaven if we'll labor for the cause of Christ. Matthew 6:19-20, “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”

I love that last statement: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. You'd think that it would be the exact opposite. You would think that wherever your heart is, that is where you would spend your money and time. But the Bible doesn't say that. The Word of God teaches that where your treasure is (your time, money and investments), that will determine where your heart is also. Where is your heart dear reader?

God only knows how many nights I have fallen asleep working at my computer, waking up hours later with my face in my keyboard. I have fallen asleep with my hand on the keyboard, erasing entire articles and causing my computer to go wacky...lol. Really! So I try to avoid doing that. I have woken up hundreds of times in the middle of the night, with a truth burning in my soul that the Lord gave me, and I jumped out of bed to start writing an article.

I have an old neck injury which has ruined my life since 2004. I have worked countless times as the excruciating pain burned in my neck, and my rump hurt from sitting for several hours laboring. I have labored standing up, propping up my computer on a box so that I could work standing up, because I was so sore from sitting for so long. I do it all for Jesus!!! My eyes have gone nearsighted from sitting in front of a computer screen so much. So now I need to wear glasses to see far. I would gladly do it all again for Christ to reach people for Him. 2nd Corinthians 12:15, “And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.”

At countless times in my life when inexplicable pain weighed down heavily upon my heart, and I just felt like dying, I redirected that pain into my ministry, writing to use my pain as a fuel source for God to save souls and change lives. I always pray for God's Holy Spirit power to be upon my ministry. Without the influence of the Holy Spirit my labors are all in vain. Psalm 127:1, “Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.” I need You Lord! I need Your Holy Spirit power to speak to hearts as my words speak to minds.

I once heard Pastor Jack Hyles say that when you find work you are passionate about, you will know that you've found God's work for your life. For the past 19 years, since 2002, I have labored night and day at every opportunity as God's Holy Spirit works through me, to labor to reach people for Jesus Christ with THE TRUTH (Galatians 2:20). This is not work to me, it is my privilege to serve Jesus! I have never received a single penny, and I never will. This is a labor of love for Christ and people.

By God's grace, I CARE and I want the world to know it. YOU dear friend are my treasure. 2nd Corinthians 3:2, “Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:” YOU are where my heart is, because I have invested my time, money and life into helping YOU. My heart is in my website ministry, and in all the people who've been beautifully saved and their lives changed by God through my humble labors. I am the clay, God is the Potter. I am the servant, He is my Lord. I am the prisoner of the Lord, I couldn't quit if a tried, because “his word was in mine heart as a burning fire...” (Jeremiah 20:9b).

“Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” —Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dispensational Teaching Of The Bible Is A Bad Thing

Hebrews 13:9, “Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not ...