Wednesday, June 16, 2021

How To RECOMPOSITION Your Body To Good Health

Proverb 27:17, “Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.”

I have been trying something new to lose weight. I've watched hundreds of men's better health videos, on how to increase lean muscle mass and burn fat. This is just one of the videos that inspired me to try it out.

Basically, you're eating a very high protein diet, which greatly curbs your appetite. I have been losing weight, for the first time in several months. The process is slow, like one pound per week, but it works well. In 2017 I am still amazed looking back that I lost 70 pounds. I wanted to lose weight so bad that I decided I would rather die than eat. I used that mentality to fast for a couple days, and then I would eat a full meal every few days. But still, it was really hard to do it. I was just so motivated that it worked. But when I got down to 145 from 215 pounds, I maintained about 157-163 for 1 1/2 years. It was difficult to stay there, because I was still eating a high carbohydrate diet, which made me really hungry. Eventually my depression won out and I stopped trying to fight to stay thin, and within a year I got back up to 208.

I hit 189 yesterday, which is the first time in several months I've been able to do it. My goal is 175, but this time I want to keep my muscle. When I lost 70 pounds in 2017 I lost my muscle with the fat. That is because I didn't eat hardly any protein, nor lift any weights. All I'm doing is eating a high amount of fiber (eggs, chicken, beef, fish, beans, Greek yogurt, egg whites, and protein powder). I get my protein powder at Vitamin World, but I've heard that Walmart even carries it. Each scoop of protein powder has 30 grams of protein. The goal is to eat whatever your weight is in grams of protein. Here is a macro calculator.

Here are my daily recommended macros (for me myself, not you)...

CARBS: 185 g per day (740 calories)
PROTEIN: 185 g per day (740 calories)
FATS: 41 g per day (370 calories)
TOTAL CALORIES: 1851

But I reduce my carbs to only HALF of that (50 to 150 grams a day). I am eating 200 to 240 grams of protein per day (1.2 grams per pound of body weight). I love eating this way. I have a protein shake every morning, at noon and a double before I go to bed (all 4 shakes total 520 calories). That's 120 grams of protein. It really makes you feel full when you get plenty of protein. Plus, 30-40% of protein is burned up as fuel to digest the rest of the protein, which helps to lose weight. It is important to get enough carbohydrates and fat each day. So if you leave the yoke in the eggs, which I often do, I get some fat there. I try to get 40 to 50 grams of fat per day.

The place to cut calories is the CARBOHYDRATES (breads, pasta, rice, donuts, junk food). From all the health videos I have watched by bodybuilders who cut down to get lean, I would limit my carbs to 50 to 150 per day. The U.S. recommended daily allowance of carbs is 300 grams. I get plenty of carbs from beans and green leafy vegetables. I had broccoli, carrots and a big salad for lunch today. I am having dry cooked beans for dinner. I ate 2 chicken breasts this morning. The GREAT THING about this method of losing weight is that you get to EAT A LOT OF FOOD. As long as you fill yourself up with protein, you'll lose weight. Hey, one pound a week is 24 pounds in 6 months. I have learned not to look at my scale every day, because it swings wild from water retention. I focus on eating right and following my macro nutritional requirements and limits for the day.

I just wanted to share this with you, because it is working for me, and I feel great. I can eat a lot of food and still lose weight. I cannot eat whatever I want, but the selection of what I can eat is AWESOME. I had some blueberries today, strawberries. I ate a Greek yogurt (which has lower sugar than regular yogurt). I bought some cans of zero calorie ginger ale, which tastes great. I love fish. I fry it in a little butter under low heat, with the lid on the pan. I ate sea bass (barramundi) this week which has 23 grams of protein per fillet. So 2 fillets is only 200 calories and gives me 46 grams of protein. I loved this helpful video about how Hollywood actors lose weight and get cut for movies. What particularly blew my mind is that they literally eat every 3 hours.

Actors Give Advice On Diet And Exercise (awesome stuff!)

I couldn't believe that eating more frequently is the way to get cut and bring out the muscles. I've been working out lightly, but "RECOMPOSITION" (building lean muscle and losing fat) is 70% diet and consistency. This is something I can do, which doesn't require starving myself. So far so good, but it will take 4 to 6 months, perhaps even a year. The key is to take one's time and not eat in such a way that it cannot be sustained for the rest of one's life. This is NOT a diet. The very word "diet" implies something you do temporarily. The way I am eating is a permanent lifestyle change. I am eating a variety of different foods, which is important to keep it enjoyable, and to provide the body with all necessary nutrients. I snack on nuts. I eat very little sugar. I try not to eat any sugar. I drink water and unsweetened almond milk (which tastes great).

I've been eating these hydroponically grown trays of greens, one per day. They are grown only in water, without any dirt. I use one Tablespoon of low calories dressing, which is only 50 calories. The salad cannot be more than 25 calories. So the whole salad tray with a little dressing is only about 75 calories. Really healthy. I thought you might find this interesting. When I find something that helps me, I like to share it with others. God bless you dear friend, and I give my best of encouragement to you, if you decide to join me in recompositioning our bodies back to good health. You can do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Backsliding?

Proverbs 14:14, “The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.” Do you know wha...