Saturday, March 13, 2021

Most People Think All Wrong How To Lose Weight

1st Corinthians 9:27, “But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Like most Americans I have struggled with my weight as I've grown older. When I was 18 years old I weighed 148 pounds. I had been lifting weights and drinking Creatine to bulk up my muscles. I stopped working out and taking Creatine when I went off to Bible college. So one year later at age 19 I weighed only 138 pounds. Wow, I miss being that weight!

As the decades passed I started gaining weight without even realizing it. That is how weight gain usually happens, quietly and behind the scenes, as we enjoy life. In 2010, I weighed 225 pounds! Yuk! I went on a crash diet (fast) in December of 2010 and by February 2011 I weighed only 168 pounds. But I gained it all back over the next 6 months, giving up on trying to lose weight. All you have to do to gain weight is stop trying not to keep it off! 

In 2015 I learned that I was stage 4 diabetic, when I had an infected gallbladder removed. My A1C sugar level was 9.8%. Ouch! My quack diabetes doctor has me on Metformin, which was totally worthless. He tried to get me to take Actus, but when I read it was banned on other countries, and the deadly side effects, I tossed it into the trash where it belongs. Then my quack doctor has me on insulin shots. I was injecting myself in the stomach with 40 units per day! My left foot started going numb, but only after starting the injections. My quack doctor couldn't explain why. I fired him! I say “quack” because he was trying to fix me with drugs. Friend, you cannot cut, burn and poison the body back to good health.

So on February 21, 2017 I had had enough! I was 215 pounds. My big belly looked like I was pregnant. I got mad at myself and went on a crash diet (fast), losing 15 pounds per month. It was easy because I wanted it so bad!!! By June 15th 2017 I weighed 146.3, and on June 25th 2017 I weighed 145.0 pounds! I lost 70 pounds in just 4 months! I was so happy and felt great!!! I did it without gimmicks. I did it without any damn prescription drugs. I did it without anything except drastically cutting my calorie intake, and walking off what I did eat each day. I aimed for 300 calories per day, and went walking briskly 3 times for 45 minutes each day. Sometimes I failed and ate 500 calories. But it's better to shoot low and hit middle, than to aim middle and hit high! To be honest, I was in love with a Christian woman in a local church, a nurse at Harvest Baptist Church on Guam. She was so skinny and healthy, and I was so fat and unhealthy. I was embarrassed and decided to take control of my health.

I have learned so much about losing weight. I don't claim to be an expert, but I CAN help you lose weight dear reader if you are obese. I will tell you how in a moment. I haven't even started to share the main point of this article with you yet, I am still building up to it. Let me say that anyone can lose weight if they starve them self as I did. Quite frankly, I did it ALL WRONG! Over 95% of the advice you'll find online about how to lose weight is worthless and backwards! For example: You'll read a lot of advice about how to overcome hunger pains by drinking tons of water, gargling with mouth wash, staying busy to take your mind off of food, chewing gum, drinking a Tablespoon or two daily of apple cider vinegar diluted in water, adding cayenne pepper to your food, eating lemons, et cetera. This is all inferior advice. There is some truth to gargling with mouth wash. That fresh minty feeling in your mouth does help to curb cravings a bit. Drinking more water is helpful. Using apple cider vinegar has not been shown in studies to be effective. There is debate about chewing gum to deter cravings. My point is that these are all THE WRONG approach to losing weight. 

I actually lost 70 pounds in just 4 months in 2017, motivated by my love for a woman (who rejected me and didn't want me. I am still heartbroken. Such is life. The guy doesn't always get the girl, like Alan Jackson sings in his song: “Here In The Real World”). Her name was Kris and I still love her, but she didn't want a good guy. I think we all know the pain of rejection, but that is another story for another time. I managed to keep the weight off for over a year. I simply was mentally tough on myself, using intermittent fasting daily between enjoyable meals, starving myself from meal to meal. I was miserable. That is THE WRONG way to maintain your weight. In hindsight, I did it ALL WRONG. I was suckered by all the bad dieting advice online, which is why 95% of people FAIL at losing weight. We all know someone (likely several people) who have lost a significant amount of weight, but then gained it all back within a few months or years. That is because they did it ALL WRONG!

Here Is THE RIGHT WAY To Lose Weight And Keep It Off

When I lost 70 pounds in 2017, I didn't know what I was doing. As I said, 95% of all the information I found on the internet was interior, bad, worthless, wrong and even damaging. Consequently, by 2019 I had gained nearly all my weight back. I was depressed that I couldn't find a girlfriend in 2018 and was tired of fighting to starve myself between meals to keep my weight off. At 150 pounds I was only allowed about 1,500 calories per day to maintain my weight. Eating even an extra few hundred calories a day amounted to one pound of weight gain each week. In just one year I gained 50 pounds back!!! I didn't pig out and have a defiant or reckless attitude toward eating, I just stopped fighting to keep the weight off.

Then in 2021, I started watching YouTube video of a different sort. Instead of losing weight, I wanted to learn how to get a 6-pack of abs. I had been watching music videos and really admired Phil Collen's physique (a guitar player for Def Leppard). Phil is 63 years old, born in 1957 in London. I was born in Chicago in 1967. We're both 5' 7" tall. So we have the same body frame. I love playing guitar and any stringed instrument, so I took an interest. I watched hundreds of YouTube videos by Jeff Cavaliere, Jeff Nippard, Will Tennyson, Paul Revelia and others about RECOMPOSITION (building lean muscle and losing fat). I was fascinated by the things I learned. Due to my neck injury I cannot build a bunch of muscle like Jeff Nippard, nor do I want to at age 54. I just want to be as healthy as I can be despite my chronic neck pain, and look good with my shirt off. Phil Collen is a good role model for me in that respect. This is helpful advice that helped me take better care of myself. Phil is a vegan (he doesn't even use eggs, milk or other animal products). I am not a vegan or vegetarian, but I am eating 75% a vegetarian diet lately...


Phil Collen of Def Leppard Shares How He Stays Ripped

Also, the following video is tremendous. Dozens of Hollywood actors were interviewed, asked how they got ripped to play their leading roles in blockbuster movies. You may not want to find your abs or get ripped, but the principles are the same for general good health...


Hollywood Actors Share Advice On Exercise And Diet

I think TOTALLY different today in 2021 than I did back in 2017 when I lost 70 pounds in just 4 months. My thinking was ALL WRONG in 2017, which is why I gained nearly all my weight back. Okay, let me make it play now. I am eating a HIGH PROTEIN diet now in 2021 and I'm consistently losing at least one pound per week. But I doing it in a way that you won't believe... I EAT EVERY 3 HOURS! You read right, I eat food every 3 hours (specifically protein). Watch the preceding video and you will be amazed. Now, some of the actors express their frustration during the recomposition period (usually 6 months to a year). In my case, since I gained back 50 pounds, getting to 208 pounds, it will take me much longer. I am at 187.6 right now. I am so happy with the new knowledge I have learned, and my progress. I am doing everything very differently than I did in 2017. Here are some changes:

  1. My goal is not to diet. The very word “diet” is bad, because it implies doing something temporarily to lose weight. But when people stop their diet, they go back to their old bad habits and gain all their weight back. I am not dieting, I am eating nutritiously. So my goal is NUTRITION, not DIET. 
  2. I am lifting weight this time. I can't do some exercises because of my neck pain. I cannot go as heavy as I did when I was younger, because of my neck injury. But I don't need to lift a bunch of heavy weights to build lean muscle, I just need some resistance for my muscles. I just use the weights to work the muscles, just enough to stimulate them to need protein. Here is a helpful article from Men's Health on '5 Ways To Build Muscle Without Heavy Weights.' That is what I do, which is perfect for a guy like me with an old injury that limits me. 
  3. I eat every 3 hours, versus starving myself all day back in 2017. In 2017 I lost most of my muscle when I lost 70 pounds. I wimped out! My shoulders were dropped. My doctor even suggested that I lift some weights to retain muscle mass, but I didn't do it. This time I am taking my doctor's advice. 
  4. In 2017 I often forced myself to go walking, pushing myself when I was in neck pain. That wasn't a sustainable way for me to live. I knew if I didn't go walking, I'd go stir crazy in hunger at home and eat 99% of the time. So walking was my way of avoiding eating. I was torturing myself! This is how most people lose weight, which is also why they ultimately fail and gain it all back, because it wasn't a sustainable way to live by being miserable, pushing yourself when in pain and tired, and starving between meals. I did it ALL WRONG. Now I am eating something every 3 hours, and it is very nutritious food, and I am losing weight slowly but surely. I am having fun in 2021, eating, feeling full and losing weight. This time I am doing it ALL RIGHT.
  5. My goal is NOT to lose weight this time; but rather, to eat healthy and let my body adjust to its proper weight. Since I am lifting some light weights a couple times a week (or as my health allows) I don't know what my optimal weight will be, because lean muscle weighs a lot more than fatty muscle. My goal is to lose fat, not weight. I saw a YouTube video of an obese woman that got super skinny over a couple years of working out in the gym, and eating a high protein diet, and she actually weighed 2 pounds more now than than, but she was a lot skinnier. She recomposition. That is my goal, as my neck injury allows. I've been taking it easy, but I'm losing weight without torturing myself this time.
  6. I try to eat 150 to 240 grams per day of protein. The higher the better from all that I have learned from YouTube. I am over 50, so I need more protein to preserve muscle. The older we get, the harder it is to build muscle. I also take HMG (just type that on Google and it will come up right away). HMG is a much researched supplement that preserves and protects muscle. I take the recommended 4,000 mg per day. I get mine from Vitamin World. I also take 5 grams daily of Creatine, another well researched supplement which is great for overall health and muscles. I use Whey Protein Isolate shakes each day to help me get my needed protein intake. I mix the Creatine and Protein powder with almond milk, egg whites (it comes in a carton and tastes like water) in my shakes. They taste great! I prefer vanilla protein powder. Each scoop has 130 calories and 30 grams of protein. I eat 2 or 3 each day. 
  7. I eat a well balanced meal daily. I am for about 200 grams of protein, 40 grams of fat, 40 grams of fiber (women should get at least 25 grams of fiber), 50 to 150 grams of carbohydrates, as little sugar as possible. I love beans! I buy several different bags of different dry beans, mix them in a big plastic sealable container. When I make beans I measure 1/2 cup, soak them in water for 12 hours, and them replace the water. This reduces gas by 90%. I cook them in a small pot on the lowest flame, filled an inch from the top with fresh water. I cook them for 50 minutes, add my spices, and then cook them for 30 more minutes. I leave the lid on for the entire 1 1/2 hours. I add a tsp of cumin, cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, a bundle of green onions, 4 diced cloves of garlic, 1 heaping tsp of bullion paste, and whatever else you like. I often add a small can of tomato sauce. I buy bags of boneless and skinless chicken thigs. I cook them all at once on Sunday, baked at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I store them in the frig and eat them during the week, dipping the chicken in the bean sauce. I eat them as a meal. Beans contain a lot of fiber and protein. Beef has no fiber. Only 5% of Americans eat the RDA (recommended daily amount) of fiber. In 2017 I starved myself basically, denying my body many of the nutrients I needed. I did take a multi-vitamin. I was healthier than ever in 2017 after losing 70 pounds, but because I wasn't eating right, and hardly eating, I failed to keep the weight off. I was woefully ignorant of the things I know now.

I no longer need to take walks because I am going stir crazy to avoid eating, because I am eating something throughout the day. it is VERY important that I don't go over my calorie LIMIT for the day, which presently is 1,500 calories. Each person is different, so the number of calories you need in a day will be different than me. But basically, men burn 2,200 calories a day and women 1,800. It depends on your lifestyle, weight, genetics, et cetera. To find your maintenance calories, simply track your calorie intake for a week. Maintenance calories is the amount of calories you need to eat daily to maintain your present weight. Mine is about 2,000 a day. So I aim for 1,500 to create a caloric deficit. It will be harder to accomplish that eating pizza, junk food, donuts, burgers and fries, tacos, Doritos, et cetera. It is okay to eat those foods once in a while, but they tend to make you HUNGRIER because they spike your insulin, all being very high in carbohydrates. It's best to get your good carbs from broccoli and other veggies, and avoid the processed foods that are so tasty. 

The bottom line is that you need to experiment and find out WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU! If you can eat meatball sandwiches, and still lose weight, go for it! I cannot eat foods like that without wanting more, and it leads to weight gain. I love fish. Two fillets of sea bass (barramundi) is only 100 calories each, providing 23 grams of protein each. High protein foods cause satiety, making the body feel satisfied. I avoid ALL fruit juices like toxic poison! You're drinking calories that won't make you feel full, literally consuming processed sugar. I love water and sometimes a  zero calorie can of ginger beer soda, or tonic water. 

I have seen so many LIARS online claiming that you can eat any food you want and still lose weight. It won't happen if you do that all the time! Junk food is called junk food for a reason! I read somewhere than 60% of Americans are obese, which is a sin. It is wrong to let our bodies go to ruin. Hospitals are filled with Americans who smoked cigarettes to destroy their health. I think insurance companies ought to be able to deny such claims. We live in an insane culture, where you can knowingly destroy your own health, and then demand that other people pay for your health problems, even suing them if they refuse. That is crazy! 

Americans are out of control—spending themselves recklessly into debt, perverse in their physical desires (partaking of the adulterous hookup culture), giving themselves lung cancer with cigarettes, raging in their tempers, greedy (suing everybody), impulsive, et cetera. Our nation continues to sink lower and lower into sin and wickedness. Each of us must take responsibility for our self.

There Are No Gimmicks To Losing Weight

Nearly everybody approaches obesity with the WRONG mindset, “How Do I Lose Weight?” But what we should all be asking is, “How Did I Become Obese?” The popular excuse is depression, but I think that is a symptom of our deteriorated American culture, not a cause. The cause of obesity is poor diet. When we eat the wrong foods, our body wants more of those horrible foods, and it becomes an addiction. Once we eat high glycemic foods, our insulin (the hormone that regulates sugar) spikes super high, which triggers binging. So if we eat LOW GLYCEMIC foods (barley, beans, green vegetables, most fruits, raw carrots, kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils and bran breakfast cereals), our insulin won't spike so high, and we won't binge eat everything in the barn.

95% of the things you read on the internet about losing weight are worthless! I tried lemons. I tried Green Tea. Nothing works! I've tried to Acceler8 and Elev8 pills for 3 months, which are garbage. I've taken massive amounts of Glucomannan pills, which are worthless. I've tried nearly everything there is to try, but NOTHING works! I've bought the gimmicks at Vitamin World and from Amazon.com to lose weight. Nothing helped! I've tried eating healthy instead of processed foods, but that didn't work either. I will say this, eating fresh is healthy and it will prevent you from gaining weight. We all gain weight from eating processed foods, and especially breads and sweets. But to lose weight, you have got to STARVE YOURSELF with intermittent fasting. That how I lost 70 pounds. I did intermittent fasting for a couple days, then a total fast for one day, and then a 1,200 to 1,500 calorie full meal at my favorite restaurant (but just one meal for the whole day). 

Thankfully I haven't gained all my weight back yet, but I am fighting to lose weight. Lord willing, I want to move back to the United States very soon. I want access to a YMCA so I can use their steam room, which really helps sooth my neck pain and burning nerves throughout my body. Losing weight means discomfort, there's no way around it. The trick is to create the motivation that will EXCEED your discomfort. Think about the future! How will you feel in one month if you eat and don't lose weight? How will you feel if you lose 15 pounds? 

Here's something encouraging. When I was 215 pounds and stage 4 diabetic at an A1C of 9.8%, my sugar dropped in JUST ONE MONTH to an A1C of 6.0%, when I weighed 185 pounds. So 10 of those pounds was merely emptying my stomach of food and water. So my true weight at 215 pounds was about 207 after 3 days of fasting. Now I was losing weight beyond that. When my weight hit 199 it was a milestone that encouraged me. So I literally lost about 22 pounds in just 30 days!!! Most of your weight loss won't come from walking, but from NOT EATING. Walking briskly for an hour only burns 200 calories. But your body will burn roughly 200 calories in just 2 hours sitting around the house. 

Like Rocky's coach said in Rocky III:

Coach Mickey to Rocky: No, he ain't just another fighter! This guy is a wrecking machine! And he's hungry! Hell, you ain't been hungry since you won that belt. 
SOURCE: https://www.quotes.net/mquote/80111

If you want to lose weight, you've got to GET HUNGRY for it! I don't mean hungry for food. When your hunger to lose weight is greater than your hunger to stuff your face, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT QUICKLY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Knows Everything We Think, Say And Do

Psalms 139:1-6, “O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.  Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought ...