Saturday, September 26, 2020

God Knows Me: Lessons From The Book Of Nahum

Nahum 1:6-8, Who can stand before his indignation?  and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger?  his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him. The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in himBut with an overrunning flood he will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue his enemies.

This Bible passage speaks about God's wrathful judgment upon the Assyrian people. In between these two intense verses showing the fierceness of God, we find a beautiful oasis proclaiming God's goodness and protection of His saints. God is good. Circumstances do not affect God's goodness. Nations do not affect God's goodness. Nothing affects God's goodness. GOD IS GOOD ALWAYS! God is good all the time; all the time God is good! 

The Lord is a stronghold in the TIME OF TROUBLE! The Lord knows them that trust in Him. God is familiar with His children. God cares for you. He provides for you. He watches over you. God says in the midst of the fury, “I know who you are, and I am your stronghold in the time of trouble.” God is not only familiar with us, and cares about me, He breathes life into you, He knows the number of hairs on your head, and He knows our very thoughts. God is a good God!!! In the midst of life's storm, the Lord is always with His children (Hebrews 13:5).

God Knows Me In My Difficulties

Consider the afflictions of Joseph: 

Genesis 26:28, “And they said, We saw certainly that the LORD was with thee: and we said, Let there be now an oath betwixt us, even betwixt us and thee, and let us make a covenant with thee;

Genesis 39:2, “And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.

Genesis 39:3, “And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand.

Genesis 39:21, “But the LORD was with Joseph, and shewed him mercy, and gave him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison.

In Joseph's difficulties, God was with Him

Jonah caused his own difficulties. God sent the storm to chastise him. Yet the Lord was with Jonah. God sent the storm when the disciples were on the ship. Yet the Lord was with them.

God Knows Me In My Desperation

God knows when I am desperate. In John 20 we find that Mary Magdalene was desperate. She was:

  1. running 
  2. weeping 
  3. searching

You may be in a desperate situation. You';re ran all you can run. You've wept all you can weep. You've searched all you can search. God knows you dear friend! 

Psalms 139:1-4, “O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known meThou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

God Knows Me In My Doubts

Even in times of doubt, like John the Baptist, God knows me. Satan tried to get Jesus to doubt in Matthew 4:1-10. The serpent tried to get Eve to doubt in Genesis 3:1. There will be times when you doubt, when your faith is weak, but God doesn't change. God still know you and me in our doubt. When my faith is weak, God is good!!!

Nahum 1:7, “The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

2nd Timothy 2:19, “Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

God Knows Me In My Deeds

2nd Samuel 11:27, “And when the mourning was past, David sent and fetched her to his house, and she became his wife, and bare him a son. But the thing that David had done displeased the LORD.

 God sees what I do. David sinned against God and he thought he had covered it up. But God saw. Job 34:21, “For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings.” Proverbs 15:3, “The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.” Psalms 34:15, “The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.” Psalms 33:18, Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;” Are you doing works for you, or works for God? 2nd Corinthians 5:10 says we as saints will have to give account, at the Judgment Seat Of Christ, for the good and the bad done in our body.

God Knows Me In The Time Of My Death

And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. When I someday breathe my last dying breath, Jesus knows me. He knows my destination. God knows me at the time of death, because my destination will be with Him forever. Jesus knew the repent thief on the cross when he died..

Luke 23:40-43, “But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Psalms 116:15, “Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.” 

Many people read and know about Jesus, but does He know you? Are you one of His sheep?

Matthew 7:21-23, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

Nahum 1:7, The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

It's not that you are familiar with Jesus that mattered in Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus said He did not know them!!! Will Christ someday say those horrifying words to you dear reader: “I NEVER KNEW YOU”? If you don't know for sure you are saved, now is the time to settle it. Please read: What Must I Do To Be Saved? (by Dr. John R. Rice).

No comments:

Post a Comment

People Still Haven't Changed In Thousands Of Years

Luke 12:13-15, “ And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me.  And he said unt...