Thursday, August 6, 2020

Be Not Moved Away From The Hope Of The Gospel

Colossians 1:20-23, “And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;”

Our text above is a very interesting passage of Scripture. The Apostle Paul is warning the believers at the church of Colossae, not to be MOVED AWAY from the hope of the Gospel. I like what Pastor Jack Hyles used to say—he said we don't hope to someday have eternal life; but rather, WE HAVE A HOPE of eternal life now! Titus 1:2, “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;I have the hope of eternal life because I have Jesus dwelling in me! Jesus is eternal life (1st John 5:20). The phrase “moved away” is the Greek word metakineō, which means, “to stir away elsewhere.” And the word “hope” is the Greek word elpis, which means “expectation.” The word “continue” is the Greek word epimenō and means, “to stay over, that is, remain.” Certainly you don't need to know the Greek meaning of words to understand the Word of God, but they help to clarify meaning.

A common saying is that a picture is worth 1,000 words. I can't think of a better illustration of someone being moved away (stirred away elsewhere) from the hope (or expectation) of the Gospel, than Bob Jones University today. Perhaps you say, “Oh boy, why do you keep picking on them over there at BJU?” Well, besides being banned from seeing the woman I love at Harvest Baptist Church on Guam, it is for the same reason that I would incessantly bang on your door at 3 a.m., if your house were burning in flames. It is because I care about others! I love you folks at BJU and Harvest Baptist Church on Guam, enough to risk your anger and rejection, while you still can't figure out why I am so zealous to preach against your doctrines of devils and use of Devil's Bibles. 

Kindly said, when the Bob Jones' crowd get to Heaven, if they make it at all (I seriously doubt it), they will weep in sorrow and regret, as they learn from the Lord Himself that I was right in everything I preached about them. If Pastor Jack Hyles was right, I am right. If Brother Lester Roloff was right, I am right. If Bob Jones Sr. was right, I am right. If the Apostle Paul was right, I am right! If all these men were right about a free grace Gospel, and about the inspired King James Bible, then I am right. If the King James Bible is right, I am right!!! To God alone be the glory!

I was listening to Dr. Steve Pettit on 'The Daily Platform' (BJU chapel sermons) the other day, and he quoted something that Dr. Bob Jones Sr. (1883-1968) said. But the sad thing is that Dr. Pettit didn't mention Dr. Bob's name. I recognized the quote immediately. Mr. Pettit just stated: “A man once said, 'Do right, thought the stars fall!'” Really, you mean to tell me that BJU is so far gone spiritually in 2020, that you cannot even bring yourself to mention your founder's name anymore? That is pathetic! The truth is that Dr. Steve Pettit is a dangerous wolf in sheep's clothing, and BJU made a big mistake when they hired him in 2014, because now he is selling the college down the river of Lordship Salvation, ecumenism, counterfeit Bible versions and apostasy, the end of which journey is in Hell.

Sadly, over 97% of professed Christians today merely go along to get along with all manner of error, heresy and even crimes, to please their religious leaders. The Lord said He came to set us free from all that. John 8:32, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.What truth? John 8:36, “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.Jesus is the truth (John 14:7). The King James Bible is truth (John 17:17). The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth (John 16:13). Remember, religion wants to fit you with glasses, so you'll see through their filtered lenses, but the Lord wants to open your eyes! The truth will open your eyes, and Jesus is the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Backsliding?

Proverbs 14:14, “The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.” Do you know wha...