Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Why Aren't More People Scared About Eternity?

Matthew 7:22-23, “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

I read today on Google that there are approximately 4,200 different religions in this world. Do you know how many of them can get you to Heaven? NONE! Salvation is not found in any religion; but rather, in a person—the Lord Jesus Christ! Religion is the worst thing that ever happened to this world! What saith the Scripture? John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.I marvel that most people have no worry, fear or concern about the afterlife. They choose different religions like they would a brand of refrigerators, fashionable clothing or an automobile. Right doctrine matters! To make matters even more confusing, according to the American Bible Society there are now approximately 900 English Bible versions (in part and whole). So many Bibles! So many religions! What utter confusion, just the way Satan intended for it to be!!! 

Lordship Salvation Versus The Simplicity That Is In Christ

I marvel that so many professed Christians today are woefully lackadaisical about which Bible they use. I marvel at the woeful indifference of so many professed Christians today, especially Bible college graduates, toward the accuracy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. False prophets like Dr. John MacArthur horrible pervert the Gospel, teaching that a person must pay the price of fully surrendering their life to Christ. Mr. MacArthur heretically states:
“Don’t believe anyone who says it’s easy to become a Christian. Salvation for sinners cost God His own Son; it cost God’s Son His life, and it’ll cost you the same thing...” [emphasis added]—Dr. John MacArthur, Grace To You, an updated quote from his book 'Hard To Believe', page 93.
Now read what Pastor Harry A. Ironside (1876-1951) said in his Gospel tract titled: "ANOTHER GOSPEL?":
“When anyone comes promising salvation to those ‘who make full surrender' of all that they have to God, and who 'pay the price of full salvation' he is preaching another gospel, for the price was paid on Calvary's cross and the work that saves is finished. It was Christ Jesus who made the full surrender when He yielded His life on Calvary that saves us, not our surrender in any way to Him.” —Harry A. Ironside, from the Gospel tract, 'Another Gospel'
That is the exact opposite of what what John MacArthur teaches. These men cannot both be right about salvation! Either a person must pay the price for salvation, or it is a free gift and you don't have to pay for it! Mr. MacArthur teaches it will COST YOU your life. Brother Harry Ironside said it WON'T COST YOU anything, because it is a gift. The teaching of Harry Ironside aligns with inspired Word of God, but John MacArthur do not! You cannot support both men; not unless you're not paying attention to their doctrine, or simply are indifferent and don't care either way. If the latter be the case, I am worried about your salvation friend. Right doctrine matters, because a man who is wrong on repentance is wrong on the Gospel, which cannot produce the second birth in Christ Jesus. You don't get God's grace unless you freely receive His gift on the sole basis of what Jesus Christ did to pay for your sins on the cross!

You Should Be Scared If You're Not Born Again

It is disturbing that more people aren't scared to death nowadays about where they will spend eternity. I remember reading that actor Jackie Gleason (aka, "The Great One") in the early days of television, was worried toward his death about the afterlife. He wondered where he'd spend eternity. I so very much wish I could have talked with him as a true friend. I am here for you web visitor. You don't have to go to Hell. I want to answer your questions, by God's grace, with the inspired Word of God. The last years of Jackie Gleason's (1916-1987) life were spent searching for answers. Tragically, I don't think he ever found Jesus Christ, but I don't know

In 1984, Mr. Gleason stated in an interview with "60-Minutes," when asked what he thought about going to Heaven:

“I'm sure that if you've committed a sin He's not going to send you to Hell for eternity.” –Actor Jackie Gleason, '60-Minutes' interview, 1984

Kindly, that tells me Mr. Gleason was not saved in 1984. James 2:10, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." I'm sorry to say that Mr. Gleason likely went to Hell in 1987, if he died in his sins without the wonderful Savior Jesus Christ. Yes, dear reader, committing even one sin will send you to Hell forever! I sincerely doubt if Gleason ever got saved. He died in 1987. I constantly thank God for not only my salvation, but for the 100% complete confidence that I am positively saved. I know because I have God's Word on it (Romans 10:13; John 3:16; 6:47; 11:25). Eternal life is a free gift (Romans 5:15-18). All I had to do to get God's gift (at age 13) was to simply believe on the name of Jesus Christ, trusting what He did to pay for my sins on the cross. Acts 16:30-31, “And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

“The Great Commission is not to preach the Gospel to congregations, but to individuals.” —Dr. John R. Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why There Is No Love At Pensacola Christian College

Luke 7:40-47, “ And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.  There was a certa...