Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Lay Hold On Eternal Life

1st Timothy 6:12, “Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.”

To “LAY HOLD ON ETERNAL LIFE simply means to make the best of it. Good night in the morning folks, if you are saved, you already possess eternal life. Could you imagine opening a Christmas present as a child, and it is exactly what you hoped all year to receive, and then you just ignore your new gift and allow it to collect dust? That is what most believers are doing with their new life in Jesus Christ!

I read a wonderful article today by Pastor Bob Gray Sr. called: “Why You Should Be A Personal Soulwinner.” 
“The soul-winning church is a happy church.” —Pastor Curtis Hutson 
“It is the only happy life to live for the salvation of souls.” –Pastor Dwight L. Moody
If you are not diligently trying to do your part to get people saved, you are not LAYING HOLD ON ETERNAL LIFE! Every believer ought to be A VOICE for God. Soulwinning is not an option for mature saints, it is a royal command for every Christian. 
Proverbs 11:30, “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.”  
Psalms 126:6, “He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.”  
1st Corinthians 9:16, “For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
It is quite easy to adopt the attitude that soulwinning is only for full-time Christians workers, but soulwinning is every believer's responsibility. The world is going to Hell. What are we doing about it? If your neighbour's house caught fire in the wee hours of the morning, would you think it not your problem or concern? You would call 911 and then do anything in your power to warn your neighbour. Likewise, we need to warn people about the coming wrath of God against sinners in Hell forever. It is strictly a matter of faith in the Holy Bible.

I am disturbed at the increasing number of professed Christians who deny the existence of eternal damnation in a burning Hell. I thought it was odd that 76% of Muslims believe in Hell, but only 70% of all those who profess to be Christians believe in Hell. Go figure! Ladies and gentleman, Hell is a literal place that burns with fire, where all Christ-rejecters will suffer in torments for eternity. The same preceding poll shows that 81% of Evangelical Christians believe in Hell. Still, I find it disturbing that 19% of professed Evangelical Christians deny the reality of Hell. May I say, 100% of Bible-believing Fundamentalist Christians believe in Hell, otherwise you are NOT a Fundamentalist!!!

God Uses Weakness

Perhaps you feel too shy, incompetent or weak to be a soulwinner. Dear friend, God uses weakness, so He'll get all the glory and not men. God avoids proud people, but gives grace to the humble (James 4:6). 2nd Corinthians 12:9, “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” We don't hear hardly anything preached today about THE POWER OF CHRIST.” Christ's power is made perfect in OUR WEAKNESS! Dwight L. Moody said, “God had no children too weak, but a great many too strong to make use of.” May I be weaker as each day passes, that I may be used of God to reach more lost souls for Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Senator Bernie Sanders Rightly Condemns Israel's President Benjamin Netanyahu As A Thug War Criminal

I thank God for the few respectable leaders that we have left in the United States. I don't agree with everything Senator Bernie Sanders...