Saturday, May 30, 2020

Time Is Running Out Quick, Serve God While You Can

John 9:4, I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Even the Lord knew that He was living on borrowed time from God the Father. We are all living on borrowed time. You may think if you are younger that you still have your whole life ahead of you, but I plead with you not to think that way, because today literally could be the LAST DAY of your life. I recently read that magician Criss Angel's 5 year old son has cancer. That is very sad. Also, singer Michael Buble's 5 year old son has cancer. Life is what happens to us while we're making big plans! Dear friend, you don't know what tomorrow holds, and neither do I; but we can study the Scriptures to find out what God has revealed in prophecy about the future

I am now 53 years old. I admit that I am amazed how fast my life has gone. I have lived a bitter-sweet life. I have suffered more than my share of sorrow, pain and heartache. My wife divorced me in 2006, against my will. I have not been able to find a wife since, and still live alone in 2020. I sometimes want to die because I cannot find a wife, and am so lonely. No one cares! We are living in a very selfish generation, and sadly the most selfish people I know are at Harvest Baptist Church on Guam, who have rejected my humble request to return to their church since 2017. God will deal with them on Judgment Day, refusing to give them a second chance, just as they have refused to love, forgive and give me a second chance (Matthew 7:1-2). These are “perilous times,” foretold in 2nd Timothy 3:1-7. Professed Christians today are cold, indifferent, phony and only care about their paychecks. 

This life will be over before we know it! I still feel like I am 18 years old, and it seems like just yesterday, but I am 53. If I live a normal lifespan, I only have 17 years left! I promise you young person, that you will be 50 years old before you know what happened. Many people today are in their 40's and still single, having missed out on marriage and parenting because of a career, living in a small town where they couldn't find anyone (which is my situation now), or alone because of their reclusive personality, living a secluded life (which is becoming the norm because of technology). Also, women aren't very approachable in this wicked generation because of the destructive influence of feminism (making women independent of men), and the media's sensationalism of domestic abuse (which has made many women paranoid of being abused in a bad relationship). This is not God's way.

I implore you friend to serve God while you still can. 1st Corinthians 15:34, “Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.” Every Christian believer has a duty to share the truth of the Gospel with those around us. We cannot witness to every person, and we ought to be respectful and ethical in our approach, but we have a responsibility to PREACH THE GOSPEL. In the parable of the 'Sower And The Seeds' in Luke 8:11-15 we are taught this truth. Verse 15 says, “But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.Clearly, God expects for every believer to mature to become a soulwinner. Those who don't have either backslid on God because of persecution (Luke 8:13); or have been choked by the cares, riches and pleasures of this temporary earthly life (Luke 8:14). Many preachers misinterpret Luke 8:11-15 to apply to salvation, but that is wrong. This parable is about maturing to become a soulwinner, evidenced by verse 15. 

Life is short, Hell is hot, and eternity is a long time. Whose blood will you have on your hands in eternity? Have you witnessed to your loved ones? When Lot spoke of spiritual things to his son-in-laws, they laughed at him as one who mocketh the Bible says, because Lot's personal testimony was so poor as a Christian. You are the only Jesus that somebody knows! This is exactly what the Holy Bible means in Hebrews 12:14, “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:” If we don't live godly in Christ Jesus, other people may go to Hell because of our poor testimony, not wanting anything to do with such type of phony Christianity. Someone is always watching!!!

Ephesians 5:16, “Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” Colossians 4:5, “Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.” Time is the most precious asset that we have. What are we doing with our time? Actually it is God's time, because the moment we accepted Christ as our Savior, we became God's property. We are bought with a price the Bible says (1st Corinthians 6:20), and that price in Jesus' precious blood (1st Peter 1:18-19). Most Christians watch far too much TV and don't spend enough time abiding in the Scriptures (John 5:39; Psalms 1:1-3). We are what we see, hear and think (Acts 4:20). That is why my favorite Bible verse is Proverbs 4:23, “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.”
“Church is a place where people should be able to hurt out loud. And I should be there to put my arms around those who are willing to hurt out loud.” —Evangelist Les Ollila, from the MP3 sermon, “The Judgment Seat Of Christ.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Backsliding?

Proverbs 14:14, “The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.” Do you know wha...