Friday, April 3, 2020

Only God Can Love Us The Way We Want To Be Loved

Matthew 22:36-40, “Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” 

As my regular web visitors know, I have been in love with a young Christian woman in my neighborhood for the past three years. I mentioned her quite often before Christmas last year, hoping to patch things up with the folks at Harvest Baptist Church on Guam, so I could hopefully get to know her better at church. Unfortunately, things fell through. That is the price for telling THE TRUTH! I don't think she likes me writing about her (she reads my writings) which is why I stopped mentioning her in my articles. Ladies know how to send signals to guys, and I'm a fast learner. I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable in any way. I haven't mentioned her for three months. She makes me happy, just knowing she is nearby. I get really happy when I see her! She's my Coronavirus! She's my sunshine! I'm dying with love...lol. That's why they call it the “Corona” virus, because the virus cells are shaped like the sun and its shining rays! You Are My Sunshine

I have to apologize to God sometimes, that I pray for her more than other things I should pray about, because she means so much to me. All I can do is pray, stay busy working on my website ministry to try not to think about her, and hope she might one day like me back. If it's not meant to be, then time will tell. I already live with a broken heart continually. Philippians 1:21, “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”

Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places

There's a popular old country song by Johnny Lee from 1980 called: 'Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places.' I play pedal steel guitar, so I really like country and southern Gospel music. I realized a long time ago, that no woman could ever love me the way I desire to be loved. Even the best Christian woman is still a sinner, and we all fall short of being what we should be oftentimes. We have all sinned. If I am ever fortunate enough to marry a woman who reciprocates my love for her, I will be very blessed indeed. Only a Christian woman can love me back with God's love. 

That is why the Bible forbids a believer to marry an unbeliever in 1st Corinthians 6:14-17. An unsaved person does not have God's Holy Spirit, so they cannot have the fruit of the SpiritLove is a “fruit” of the Holy Spirit! God's love is unconditional. The Bible mentions “fruit” (singular) in Ephesians 5:22-23, not “fruits” (plural). Therefore, you don't first get love, and then work at getting patience, and then work on getting joy; but rather, we get those qualities all at once, together, as we walk in the Spirit as God's child. I like hearing Gary Chapman sing this Gospel song: 'He Keeps Me Singing.' 

The gifts of the Spirit aren't given TO ME, but THROUGH ME to give TO YOU! I learned that precious truth from Pastor Jack Hyles in this helpful MP3 sermon called: “THOU SHALT COVET.” We should earnestly covet the best gifts the Bible says (1st Corinthians 12:31). I realized long ago that only a Christian woman, who loves God, can even begin to love me the same way that I love her. I have God's love in my heart! But if I never find such a wife, Jesus is the lover of my soul!!! Love is not 50/50, we are supposed to love 100% even if we get 0% back; but the happiest marriages are where both couples love each other. A happy marriage is two people making a life for each other! 


The Great Commandment Is To Love

Brother Lester Roloff (1914-1982) used to say that the two greatest Commandments are really just one—TO LOVE! One of my favorite sermons by Pastor Jack Hyles is called: 'The Greatest Sins That One Can Commit.' I also wrote an article about this topic, because it is so important. I love this quote from the sermon by Brother Hyles: 
“Your neighbour is anybody on the face of this earth, a creature of almighty God; and if you do not love your neighbour as yourself, you've committed a sin worse than stealing, worse than lying, worse than murder, worse than adultery, worse than covetousness—God said it, I didn't say it, take issue with God about it! You Pharisees, take issue with God about it!” —Pastor Jack Hyles, a quote from the precious sermon titled: “The Two Greatest Sins That One Can Commit
“I cannot love you as I love myself until I love God as I ought to love Him.” —Dr. Jack Hyles

I love everyone with God's unconditional love! The apostle Paul grew in God's love to the place where he became lonely, because the people he loved couldn't reciprocate his depth of love. 2nd Corinthians 12:15, “And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.” I know how Paul felt, and I rejoice in my soul for it, because I would much rather love than be loved, for Christ's sake! 
“If there was no greater love than the death of your Son, then there is no greater evidence of your love! Think about that statement! If you did not love everyone, how would I know that it included me? If Christ did not pay for all sin, for everyone, how do I know You paid for mine?” —Pastor Ralph “Yankee” Arnold, “How Do I Know God Really Loves Me? - Part 2” | Part 1)

No comments:

Beware Of Matt Slick's Damnable Counterfeit Gospel

Galatians 1:6-8, “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:  Which is not ...