Tuesday, April 28, 2020

How To Have A Happy Godly Home

Acts 13:49-52, “And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region. But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts. But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium. And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.”

I wish I could live my life over. I have made so many foolish decisions in my life as a Christian. I am now 53 years old. One thing I have learned in my life is the importance of centering one's family around a local Bible-believing, soulwinning, sin-hating, Christ-honoring, New Testament church. Dear reader, I want what is best for you and your family in the Lord! I know what I am talking about! I receive many e-mails from hurting people with broken marriages, ruined homes and all sorts of personal struggles with sin. The common denominator in all of them is that none of them faithfully attend a local Bible-believing church. They have been going it alone over the years, and their ship has wrecked on the rocks of life. Oh friend, you need church, and so do I!

It is God's will for every believer to assemble together with other local believers. That is what a church is. I strongly recommend that you read Pastor Jack Hyles' excellent book titled, what else, “THE CHURCH.” Are there any perfect churches? Of course not, but I'll guarantee you that the church is better on its worst day, than the world is on its best day! Dr. Jack Hyles (1926-2001) had this to say during a sermon invitation:
“If you want a church like this, we invite you to join our church, but I want to warn you—We can't stand close inspection, just like you can't—but if you as a sinner will come and join the rest of us sinners, we'll all try to be better people together!” —Pastor Jack Hyles, a quote from the great sermon, “I Find No Fault In This Man!
It is unfortunate that the churches are turning apostate, turning away from the inspired King James Bible, embracing the Devil's counterfeit Bible revisions that attack Jesus' deity. Jesus' name is called “the Word of God” (Revelation 19:13). To have another Bible is to have “another Jesus (2nd Corinthians 11:3-4). Please stick with the King James Bible! Brother Lester Roloff warns everyone to avoid the modern Bible versions in this sermon excerpt I called: The King James Bible is all we need!” If you'd like to hear the complete sermon, it is titled: The Book That Makes The Difference!
“I promised God years ago I would be honest with Him.” —I Shall Know Him
Dr. Hyles mentions in the sermon that he heard Dr. John R. Rice (1895-1980) say something that helped him. Brother Rice said he decided to keep no secrets from God, to tell God exactly how he felt. I love that! That is exactly what I do. I often tell God that I don't think my life is fair, but I know He is fair, and I am not complaining, and I trust His wisdom even though I am frustrated. I will not get bitter at God! I promise you dear friend that if you could see the whole picture, you'd understand why God does things the ways that He does. I don't understand why things are the way they are, but I trust my sweet Lord Jesus!
We've gonna have to get back to THE BOOK! 'The Wisdom Of The Word'
I encourage you reader to join a local church if you're not already. Get your children in a Sunday School class. Every married couple needs a pastor. You need a church to grow with, and suffer together, and go soulwinning together. I'm not talking about getting close on a personal level to people in a church, that is not a good idea. Tall fences make good neighbours! I am talking about Bible-preaching! You need spiritual direction in your life. Staying home and listening to sermons cannot substitute for fellowship with a the local Body of Christ in a local church. 

Now I'm not talking about the Devil's Catholic or Lutheran church. I'm not talking about the Devil's Church of Christ, Jehovah's Witnesses or Seventh-Day Adventist cults! I'm talking about a good old-fashioned Bible-believing, Bible-preaching, soulwinning church. I'd recommend an Independent Fundamental Baptist church with a bus ministry! We all need to go to church! I realize that many churches are teaching heresy today, and I don't think you should attend a corrupt church that perverts the Gospel of free grace. A church that teaches Calvinism (aka, Lordship Salvation) is a cult, not a church! 

A happy marriage equals happy children, which equals a happy home! That is my message to you! You won't have a happy marriage outside of God's will for your life. Every family needs to get involved in a local soulwinning church that preaches the Word of Truth! Families that attend church together stay together! When fathers don't go to church, only 5% of the time do their adult children go to church. That is so sad and tragic! America was great when she was good, and she was good when she had GREAT CHURCHES! Brother Lester Roloff (1914-1982) said that in his classic sermon called: 'THE TITANIC.'




"A church doesn't necessarily need space to grow; it just needs the power of God." —Pastor Jack Hyles

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Backsliding?

Proverbs 14:14, “The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.” Do you know wha...