Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Godhead Is Comprised Of 3 Distinct, Individual, Persons

John 1:1-2, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.” 

How can the Word (Jesus - John 1:14) be WITH God and also BE God? The answer is THE GODHEAD!!! Jesus is a member of the Godhead, yet individually exists as God the Son. 1st John 5:7, “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” Amen!

The Pentecostal Oneness False Doctrine Debunked (by Pastor Steven L. Anderson)

Notice the clear distinction between God the Father and God the Son. John 5:22, “For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son.” The oneness Pentecostal (also called Modalism) errantly claims that God puts on different hats and is really the SAME person, but that is NOT Biblical. The Bible teaches that there is “ONE GOD” (Deuteronomy 6:4), Who exists as a Godhead, comprised of three individual, distinct, persons (Romans 1:20; Acts 17:29 and Colossians 2:9 - King James Bible only).

Again, carefully notice the clear distinction between God the Father and God the Son. John 5:30-32, “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.” These are two distinct individuals.

In the following passage of Scripture, we see all three distinct, individual, members of the Godhead. John 14:12-16, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.” Repeatedly in the Holy Bible we see the individual members of the Godhead presented. These are three individual members of the Godhead, which is God.

Jehovah's Witness' religious cult deny the Godhead (aka, Trinity). JW's deny the person of the Holy Spirit. They deny the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. JW's deny the deity of Jesus, teaching the heresy that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers. JW's teach that Michael the archangel became incarnate as Jesus, and only in that sense as an angel was God's Son. Jehovah's Witnesses blatantly deny the doctrine of the Godhead. This means JW's are not saved. No one who denies the Godhead is saved. A person may be saved and not have yet learned the truth of the Godhead, but once they are taught the Scriptures, they will receive it if they are truly saved. Likewise, no one who denies Jesus' virgin birth, bodily resurrection or deity is saved. JW's also deny Jesus' bodily resurrection.

John 16:12-16, “I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.” In these Bible verses we clearly see that the Father is not the Son, that they are TWO separate persons; and we also see that the Holy Spirit is another person, “ANOTHER COMFORTER.

John 16:32, “Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.” As you can plainly see from the Word of God, there is a mountain of evidence that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are three individual personalities, and not merely different hats that God wears. Modalism is of the Devil. The Pentecostal oneness teaching is a false doctrine. The one God of the Bible exists as three individual persons, all unique and separate in function and personality. The Bible even calls the doctrine of the Godhead a mystery. 


Colossians 2:2, “That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ.” Thankfully, we don't have to understand the doctrine of the Godhead to be saved, but we WILL believe it if we are saved (Luke 7:35).

1 comment:

  1. What's up! Love your website, huge blessing - Justin Elders

    ReplyDelete

Those Little Awkward Moments in Life That Hurt Our Feelings

Psalms 139:1-6, “O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought a...