Monday, March 30, 2020

God Comforts Us To Comfort Others

2nd Corinthians 7:6, “Nevertheless God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us...” 

What a precious Bible verse—GOD COMFORTS THOSE WHO ARE CAST DOWN!!! Psalms 34:18, “The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.” I love that PROMISE from God. When we are dejected and cast down in our spirit, God consoles our hurting soul. I have been there more times than I can remember, and for several years now I have been in the dog house of life! 


The Precious Indwelling COMFORTER

Thankfully, one of the tasks of the blessed indwelling Holy Spirit is to COMFORT us as believers. John 14:16-18, And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” 

One of the benefits of being saved is the precious COMFORTER!!! He comforts us with the written Word of God, bringing truth to our remembrance. John 14:26, “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


God Comforts Us To Comfort Others

2nd Corinthians 1:3-4, “Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
Please read this tremendous passage of Scripture a few times. Wow, did you ever notice that Bible passage before? The Bible literally teaches that God COMFORTETH US IN ALL OUR TRIBULATION, so that we may be able to comfort others “WHICH ARE IN ANY TROUBLE! I love that!!! No matter what hardship, burden, battle, loss, misery, worry, hurt feelings or tragedy that someone else is facing—GOD COMFORTS US SO THAT WE CAN COMFORT THEM!!! What an awesome God and Savior!!!!!!! 

If you survive in constant chronic bodily pain as I do, comfort others who suffer in constant bodily pain. If you are the victim of an unwanted divorce as I am, comfort others who are divorced. If you have lost your home as I did, comfort others who have lost their home. If you are lonely and can't find companionship as I cannot, comfort others who are lonely without a mate. If you are hurting in your soul with inexplicable emotional pain as I do daily, feeling all alone in your afflictions as I do, comfort others who are hurting in their solitude. I have had all of these painful things happen in my life, and my broken life is still a mess, but God is faithful and I am serving Him faithfully. God is always good! 

Bringing Others Comfort Further Comforts Us

2nd Corinthians 7:13, “Therefore we were comforted in your comfort: yea, and exceedingly the more joyed we for the joy of Titus, because his spirit was refreshed 
The apostle Paul told the believers at Corinth, that comforting them brought the apostle and his peers comfort. Paul was effectively saying to them: “We're in this thing together!” There is a great Bible truth to be learned here—we find comfort in our afflictions by comforting OTHERS! Pastor Jack Hyles preached two wonderful sermons called: 'WASTED SUFFERING' (1997) and 'WASTED PAIN' (1995). Don't let your suffering go to waste dear reader, use it to honor the Lord Jesus Christ. God can take the broken pieces of your life, and use them for His purpose and glory. One of my absolute favorite sermons by my favorite preacher, Pastor Jack Hyles is called: “SOME ON BROKEN PIECES” (MP3). If your life can no longer sail as a ship for God to do His will, then help rescue other people on the broken pieces of your shipwrecked life, by God's grace! 


“Did you know that God uses hurtin' people? That's part of the reason why we have to hurt in this world, so we can help other people who hurt.” —Pastor Danny Castle, “KEEP ON PRAYING

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Backsliding?

Proverbs 14:14, “The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.” Do you know wha...