Thursday, July 16, 2026

Showing Grace Toward Others

2nd Corinthians 8:9, “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.”

Ephesians 3:8, “Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.

Ephesians 6:24, “Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

Philippians 1:7, “Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.”

I learned a biblical concept from my ministry friend Pastor David Baker Sr. (1967-2024) a couple years ago. I had commented that I thought a certain pastor was like another great man of God, and he posted on Facebook that he strongly disagreed with me. I kindly replied to explain publicly the reasons why I thought that certain pastor was in some respects similar to the great man of God whom I had compared him to.

I was concerned that I might have offended Brother Baker by our disagreement. But to my delight he commented to thank me for “showing grace” toward him. I had never heard that statement used before, but I loved and adopted it for my own. I often use that phrase now, “showing grace” toward others.

We would all be wise, especially God's children, to show grace toward the people around us. God has shown His grace toward all humanity, by the gift of His only begotten Son, Jesus. We all deserve to go directly to Hell to be punished forever for our own sins, but God in His mercy and grace has made a way of escape through faith in Christ. Romans 5:9, “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Ephesians 4:29-32, “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.