Tuesday, January 25, 2022

'Thru The Bible' In 5 Years With Pastor J. Vernon McGee

Proverbs 13:20, “He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.” Jeremiah 5:5, “I will get me unto the great men, and will speak unto them; for they have known the way of the LORD, and the judgment of their God: but these have altogether broken the yoke, and burst the bonds.

I encourage you dear friend to listen to Pastor J. Vernon McGee (1904-1988). His calm voice and laidback teaching style is so alluring. More importantly, he is skilled at teaching the Bible. The life-changing 5-year 'Thru The Bible' series is based upon the tried, true and timeless inspired King James Bible. Dr. McGee was a lifelong Presbyterian minister, who faithfully pastored for decades in Pasadena, California. In the early 1990's when I lived in Chicago, I used to listen to Pastor McGee teach on the radio while driving to work each night. I didn't even realize at the time that he went to Heaven in 1988. What a blessing his teachings are!

Pastor J. Vernon McGee Exposes The Devil's Lie Of 'Lordship Salvation'

I love Bible preachers! Preaching helps us think right. I cannot encourage you enough my friend to start getting into the wonderful habit of listening to preaching. Most people will travel to and from work each day—week after week, month after month, year after year—listening to the daily news or enjoying their favorite music. Many people have long compute times traveling to and from their workplace. I have worked with numerous people in my lifetime, who drove 2 or 3 hours each day to get to and from work, one way!

But on average If you calculate the total time spent each year listening to music in your car, it may shock you! According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the average one-way commute time for Americans in 2021 was at a new all-time high of 27.6 minutes. For a 5-day work week, that amounts to 276 minutes a week, or 4.6 hours! That adds up to 239.2 hours a year!!! That's 9.7 days a year spent in your car just sitting there, commuting to and from work. The average sermon is about 45 minutes to an hour long. You could listen to literally hundreds of sermons each year, and still have plenty of time to hear the news, et cetera.

Even more important is listening to the inspired Word of God. I love listening to Alexander Scourby (1913-1985) read the King James Bible. Here is the Gospel of John. You can literally here the entire Bible read by Alexander Scourby in just 75 hours! That is amazing. God is so good! Thank you dear Lord Jesus for ears to hear, eyes to see, a heart to feel, a mind to think, a will to decide, and your precious inspired Word to guide us. Psalms 119:105, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Knows Everything We Think, Say And Do

Psalms 139:1-6, “O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.  Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought ...