Monday, December 20, 2021

The Soulwinning Christian Has A Continual Feast

Proverbs 15:13-16, “A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken. The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness. All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast. Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.

I love this wonderful passage of Scripture! Dear friend, I am continually feasting in my soul on THE TRUTH. I am a happy man in my soul each and every day. I get happy contending for the Christian faith. I get ecstatically happy knowing that I have THE TRUTH. I feel sorry for all those foolish pastors today, who are so full of sinful pride and arrogance, that you simply cannot tell them anything, because it is beneath them to admit that they have been theologically wrong their entire life! I thank God that my eyes are not blinded by Satan!

I just remembered this beautiful hymn of the Christian faith...

The windows of heaven are open
The blessings are falling tonight
There's joy, joy, joy in my heart
For Jesus made everything right 
I gave Him my old tattered garment
He gave me a robe of pure white
I'm feasting on manna from heaven
And that's why I'm happy tonight.

Listen to the song

I'm feasting on manna from Heaven, and THAT'S WHY I'M HAPPY!!! As I search, defend, love and proclaim THE TRUTH in my website ministry, I am continually feasting in my soul. Proverbs 15:15, “All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.The believer who knows that his name is written in Heaven, has a continually feast. The believer who knows that he possesses THE TRUTH, has a continual spiritual feast. I AM FEASTING ON MANNA FROM HEAVEN! THERE'S JOY, JOY, JOY IN MY SOUL, FOR JESUS MADE EVERYTHING RIGHT!!!

I don't know about you friend, but I am having the ball of my life serving Jesus! I love going to church. I love singing at church. I love being around my Christian brothers and sisters, I love being helpful, as much as I can, whenever I can, wherever I can, to whomsoever I can, for so long as I can. I love something that the preacher John Wesley said:

“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ―John Wesley (1703-1791)
When the thousands of delegates met, the moderator announced that General William Booth (1829-1912) would not be able to be present, because of failing health and eyesight. Gloom and pessimism swept across the floor of the convention. A little light dispelled some of the darkness when the moderator announced that General Booth had sent a message to be read, with the opening of the first session. He opened the message and began to read the following:
Dear Delegates of the 'Salvation Army' Convention: 
OTHERS! 
Signed, General Booth.

Lord, let me live from day to day
In such a self-forgetful way
That even when I kneel to pray,
My prayer shall be for others.
Others, Lord, yes, others;
Let this my motto be.
Help me to live for others
That I may live like Thee.
You recognized awhile ago the words of our Lord. No one ever exemplified the "others" life as did our Saviour. He never typified His life for others quite so beautifully and so clearly as He did when He was on the cross. 

Our Lord in dying on the cross, suffering as no man has ever suffered. Jesus agonized as no man has ever agonized. Jesus was a man despised and rejected of men. Isaiah 53:3, “He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.” Jesus hurt as no man ever hurt. Jesus' heavenly Father turned His back on Him while on the cross. Christ's own people (the Jews) had crucified Him. His own city (Jerusalem) hated Him. The Jews compelled the Roman leaders to crucify Him.

Yet when our dear Lord opened His mouth on Mount Calvary, the first statement that He made had nothing to do with His own pain or His own suffering; but rather, He said: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34). He did not speak of His own suffering. So many believers are miserable today. I receive thousands of emails each years, countless from depressed people. Kindly said, they are so focused on their own selves, problems and frustrations that they cannot see beyond their sinking ship. What saith the Scriptures? Colossians 3:1-3, “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.”

Dear reader, I spend my life dwelling in heavenly places. Why do you think I preach hard against Pensacola Christian College (PCC) for bidding Godspeed to Bob Jones University (BJU)? It is because I spend time walking with God, and Jesus is rubbing off on me, making me bold to PREACH THE TRUTH. Acts 4:13, “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus. Friend, if you walk with God you will become like God. 

James 4:8-10, Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.The Bible here tells those who want to draw nigh to God to: Cleanse your hands (get the sin out YE SINNERS), purify your hearts ye double-minded (be honest with yourself and God), be afflicted and mourn and weep (enter into God's burden for the lost and broken because of sin), turn your laugher into mourning and your joy to heaviness of soul for the lost, and to humble yourself in the sight of God. If you want to be close to God, then the Bible says you CAN.

In fact, the passage that we just read promises that God wants to be close to you too, if you will let Him, by sharing His burdens, interests and goals. God desires for ALL MEN to hear the Gospel and hopefully come to Christ to be saved. God doesn't want anyone to perish in their sins to spend eternity in Hell. 2nd Peter 3:9, “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”

God knows that I gladly labor night and day on my computer, working on my website ministry which God has entrusted to me, doing the best I know how in Christ's strength, trying to reach as many lost souls with the Gospel as I can. If I knew a better way I'd be doing it! I am exponentially reaching more people electronically online, than I could ever do if I pastored a local church congregation. To God be the glory, great things He has done (and is doing). God knows that my only heart's desire has always been just to be a blessing for Jesus Christ!!!

Psalms 126:6, “He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.” ...


Proverbs 11:30, “The fruit of the righteous is a tree
of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Senator Bernie Sanders Rightly Condemns Israel's President Benjamin Netanyahu As A Thug War Criminal

I thank God for the few respectable leaders that we have left in the United States. I don't agree with everything Senator Bernie Sanders...