Saturday, June 20, 2020

Search The Scriptures, Not Men's Minds

John 5:39, “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

I love helping people for Christ. One of the things that I do in my ministry, is to answer Bible questions from web visitors. I have a servant's heart and love helping! I have quite a few web visitors who suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) with regard to assurance of salvation, unable to settle the matter. I've noticed that they all have a bad habit of quoting preachers! One man wrote me and asked a question about the Trinity. He wanted to know if Jesus is the second person of the Trinity. I told him that I don't like that terminology, because it is not taught in the Bible. Jesus is not “second,” nor the Holy Spirit the third” member of the Godhead (i.e., Trinity). They are all equal, one for all and all for one! There is one God, who exists in three separate unique, individual persons of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Matthew 29:19-20; Colossians 2, 9). 

When I answered his question, he started worrying about his salvation again, since he didn't know this truth when he thinks he got saved. I wrote back and encouraged him to SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES, instead of basing his assurance of salvation on every word that comes out of my mouth. He likes to says, “You said this” and “You said that,” micro-analyzing every word I send him, driving himself crazy with fear, uncertainty and worry. I gave him a couple dozen Scripture passages, which I suggested he memorize or at least become familiar with. Those passages are Romans 3:23; 4:5-6; 5:12; 6:23; 10:3-4, 13;  Philippians 3:9; Titus 3:5; 1st Thessalonians 4:14; Acts 4:12; 10:43; 13:39; John 3:16; 5:40; 6:28-29, 40, 47; 10:1, 9; 11:25 and Ephesians 2:8-9. 

Those passages all relate to salvation! if you are struggling with the assurance of your salvation, you desperately need to flood your mind with the inspired Word of God. The worst thing you can do is keep asking every preacher you can find how to get to Heaven, because they will have you all turned around. Only the King James Bible is holy, perfect, infallible, innerant, preserved and inspired by God!!! I encourage you to base your assurance of salvation solely upon the inspired Word of God. Remember, eternal security is NOT a separate doctrine from eternal life, they are one and the same teaching!!!

Paul bragged on the Bereans, because unlike the Thessalonicans, they SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES to verify what he was teaching them. Acts 17:11, “These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.” I want that for YOU too dear reader. Don't you dare believe what I say without verifying it with the Holy Bible. That is why I always provide Scripture references, so you can go verify what I say. I always try to cite my articles, quotes and teachings, so you can go check it out for yourself. We need a revival in our churches today of SEARCHING THE SCRIPTURES!!! 

In dealing with people who struggle to find the assurance that they are saved, in every case they've been searching men's minds (books, tracts, videos, sermons, devotionals, magazines, et cetera) for answers, instead of basing their faith solely upon the inspired Word of God in the King James Bible!!! I am glad that people are reading my blogs. Praise the Lord! But always make sure to SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES to verify everything I say. Calvinism is not an acceptable alternative to Arminianism, it is Satanic heresy! I reject BOTH the teachings of Jacob Arminius (1560-1609) and John Calvin (1509-1564), both men had bugs in their theology!!! I am going to SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES!!!

Search The Scriptures To Escape The Lies Of Dr. Steve Pettit

I was sickened the other day, when I learned about a disturbing chapel sermon at Bob Jones University (BJU) spoken in 2015 by Dr. Steve Pettit. In the chapel talk, Dr. Petite (the new president of BJU since 2014) indoctrinates over 2,600 students to believe that faith in Jesus Christ is NOT enough to be saved. Dr. Steve Pettit heretically says:
You can't just speak about getting saved, and you accepted Christ, and then that's it! There is a justification; There is a sanctification; There's ultimately a glorification, and though there are three parts, they are all part of the whole, and you cannot separate them. In order for you to qualify for the award, you have to get into the race, you have to stay in the race, and you have to finish the race. If you want to win, you have to run to the end; and winning in the Christian life is everything, because if you lose—if you don't finish—you lose everything—you lose your SOUL. And so, the Christian race is the life of faith that begins, is run, and is finished when we cross over into Heaven!” [emphasis added] —Dr. Steve Pettit, 'The Daily Platform' (“What Does It Mean To Run 'The Race'?” - 11:34 time in audio)
When Dr. Pettit talks about qualifying for the award, he is speaking about going to Heaven. That makes him an accursed false prophet (Galatians 1:6-9)!!! According to Steve Pettit, you MUST persevere to run “The Race (Hebrews 12:1), the award of which, he says, is Heaven itself! ...
“We run the race, we cross the finish line, and so what’s the prize? What is the award? Well, there are different viewpoints. Some would have the viewpoint that the awards are crowns in Heaven. But as I read the book of Hebrews and see the whole gist of the book and the flow of the book, I don’t believe its referring to crowns in Heaven. I think it is referring to Heaven itself.” —Dr. Steve Pettit, 'The Daily Platform' (“What Does It Mean To Run 'The Race'?” - 22:57 time in audio)
That is damnable heresy!!! Hebrews 12:1, “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,” Folks, this Bible passage has absolutely nothing to do with receiving the free gift of Eternal Life, through faith alone in Jesus Christ (Philippians 3:9). 1st Corinthians 9:24-25 makes is clear that the award for faithfully running 'The Race' is an incorruptible crown,” and not Heaven itself! The only way those poor BJU students will rise above and escape the damnable heresies of Steve Pettit is if they SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES!!!


The Book That Makes The Difference” 
(MP3 by Brother Lester Roloff, 1914-1982)

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Knows Everything We Think, Say And Do

Psalms 139:1-6, “O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.  Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought ...